• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would rather Vardy started in place of Rooney, but that was never going to happen, but I'm happier he won't be played out of position, and can come on in his natural/only role at the end.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Rooney on the left of midfield then. Hope someone else is ready to do his running for him.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could be worse but let's not allow the inevitability of Rooney starting make us forget how dire it is. He's ****e.

Russia are properly bad though so I imagine they'll be fine whoever they pick.

grecian

Rooney on the left of midfield then. Hope someone else is ready to do his running for him.
Rooney won't be on the left, he's going to be central, behind Kane, Lallana and sterling the wide-men. It's really on recent form the only way to get a good game out of Rooney. Cautiously optimistic about it, but we'll see, Think Dier-Alli will be vital.

Niall

International Coach
England fans booing the national anthem very grim, but to be expected when you consider both set of fans beating the **** out of each other today, hopefully we get some sort of respite when the match is on.

grecian

Lallanna been great so far, so has England, all positive except for this Kane taking set-piece thing, he's not even good at them.

Compton

International Debutant
Before the game I'd have said Lallana is a waste of a pick.

I'd drop him for Vardy and bring Stones in for either of the awful centre halves and then you're starting to work towards England's best side.

Compton

International Debutant
Lallanna been great so far, so has England, all positive except for this Kane taking set-piece thing, he's not even good at them.
You're centre forward taking corners is just the worst. Surely one of the wide players - whose job it is to cross the ball - should take them.

Saying that, Smalling just missed a cracking chance to score from a Kane corner :laugh:

Compton

International Debutant
This is a very encouraging start from England. I actually like him as a player, but England play much better football without Milner.

grecian

This is pretty scintillating stuff, but it's still 0-0 and we've given them a free-header. Need to make the most of this.