• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I know I'm probably in the minority but I think we should be playing 4-2-3-1: Hart; Walker, Smalling, Cahill, Bertrand; Dier, Wilshere: Rooney, Alli, Sterling; Kane.

Based on what I've seen in the 3 games they're probably the form players.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe Lallana in for Rooney in that side, would mean taking so many strikers seem fairly ridiculous though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know I'm probably in the minority but I think we should be playing 4-2-3-1: Hart; Walker, Smalling, Cahill, Bertrand; Dier, Wilshere: Rooney, Alli, Sterling; Kane.

Based on what I've seen in the 3 games they're probably the form players.
Yeah this isn't the worst, the only part I hate is Rooney on the left wing but Rooney anywhere is pretty dire. At least it's a coherent system.

Probably be ridiculed for this but I would go Vardy over Kane
I don't hate this either although I'd definitely lean towards Kane for his connection with Alli. One thing I don't really understand is why Vardy was the one to be shunted out to the left. If one of them has to be a makeshift winger then I thought Kane was the obvious choice.

Pothas

I have never thought he is amazing or anything but he is a very nice footballer and just fits in that side better than Rooney does.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wouldn't be a major tournament without English fans smashing up bars and throwing chairs all over the place.

Got to wonder what the **** goes on in people's heads.

Scaly piscine

That was never a foul. Typical international rules for 'heading' - basically jumping up to head the ball is a foul.

Slovakia player jumped up and headed the ball, Welsh player cowered underneath and fouled him. Not the other way around. If the Welsh player had done it with more force (ie took his legs away) then it would have been very dangerous.

fredfertang

My old man would have had the mother of all rants about the haircuts on display here - not convinced that even Bale's goal would have quietened him down

duffer

My old man would have had the mother of all rants about the haircuts on display here - not convinced that even Bale's goal would have quietened him down
Sounds like my old man wrt tattoos. Turn on any NBA game......