• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also not having someone like Townsend really limits the option of going 4-3-3 if they need to without someone playing out of position, the diamond looks pretty much the only viable option.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also not having someone like Townsend really limits the option of going 4-3-4 if they need to without someone playing out of position, the diamond looks pretty much the only viable option.
The rules of football limit our 4-3-4 options tbf

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The best formation was discovered that time when playing Premier Manager 2003 (I think), and Jay Jay Okocha appeared playing in goal (after being sent off)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I just don't like him.

Really it is just the fitness thing though, if it was one injury he was coming back from then fine, but I just don't trust him not to get one of those two week niggles.
Don't they let you call in replacements anyway?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I think there is a cut off point. Would make more sense if it is after the competition has started rather than after the first match of individual sides.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I think there is a cut off point. Would make more sense if it is after the competition has started rather than after the first match of individual sides.
Looked it up, it's up until that side's first match

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I'm not arguing on ability. On ability he walks into the squad seeing as he is the third best striker at worst. It's just how you weigh up his fitness. As I said you would ideally not take Rooney. I would pick him anyway ahead of either Rashford or Rooney even with his injury record but people seem happy with Rashford and Rooney was never not being picked, so.

What I mainly disagree with is the need for five strikers.
You never know with injuries but I think Sturridge has been fairly fit since Klopp got him in the team. He's too good IMO to leave home and will be a regular sub if not starter in some games.

Wilshire over Drinkwater is a bit mental though. It's not like Wilshire is ****ing Maradona the way they've paved the way for him in the team. This kid is given the VIP treatment and for what? Now watch him be MVP of the tournament :laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No - he wasn't injured. Was a case of dummy out, so he couldn't be replaced.
Yeah but that was before their first game.

Technically he was stillan unused sub, he was listed amongst their subs every game which amused me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah but that was before their first game.

Technically he was stillan unused sub, he was listed amongst their subs every game which amused me.
Yeah I know. But after squads are announced they can only be changed through injury/illness and it has to be independently verified.

It is amusing, but I suppose in theory he could have kissed and made up with McCarthy and joined at any stage.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So they could have got a replacement if they had hired someone to jump Keane with a crowbar?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Limiting your options to take 3 sick notes does seem a derp move. Drinkwater isn't a name though. Roy will totally start Rooney every game. The media want the names to play and England managers generally comply.