• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be putting Vardy on as a swap for Kane in the 2nd half simply because he has the midas touch at the moment and will probably score or create chances. Kane had a couple assists for the entire EPL season so if he doesn't score it's not likely he will create for others either.
Yea, Kane will have a shot from pretty much anywhere.

Always thought we'd get an interesting finish with Slovakia ahead. They don't look like the sort of team that can keep things tight. Will suit England when they play I think.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wouldn't be the worst thing from an England/Wales perspective, but Russia are pretty impossible to cheer for.
Haha oh yeah no doubt. I hadn't really considered that at all, such is the strength of my England support these days. Like you say though, Russia have nothing to recommend them. The sooner they are gone the better.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Despite the obvious desire to see Russia eliminated, this result can't be good for us, not least with Wales having their final game against this ageing and dispirited bunch.

And that's before you go into the evidence to date that Wales > Slovakia > Russia and us.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Despite the obvious desire to see Russia eliminated, this result can't be good for us, not least with Wales having their final game against this ageing and dispirited bunch.

And that's before you go into the evidence to date that Wales > Slovakia > Russia and us.
Don't think there's any evidence of that at all. Our performance on Saturday for 75 minutes was better than anything Wales are capable of.

The result of today's game didn't trouble me much either way. Even if we lose tomorrow (we won't) we'll finish ahead of Slovakia by beating them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, the only way England aren't going through is if they fail to win any of their remaining games and Russia beat Wales. Not impossible by any stretch, but not very likely either. If it was only two teams going through though it'd be panic stations right now.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I thought the lack of end product from Sterling, Lallana or Delle was a concern. Use your possession or get burnt.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't think there's any evidence of that at all. Our performance on Saturday for 75 minutes was better than anything Wales are capable of.

The result of today's game didn't trouble me much either way. Even if we lose tomorrow (we won't) we'll finish ahead of Slovakia by beating them.
You've hit the 7 key rather than the 4, England's 2nd half performance wasn't anything special.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You've hit the 7 key rather than the 4, England's 2nd half performance wasn't anything special.
Up until we scored we were in control, I thought.

Regardless, I don't think there was anything to date that suggests Wales or Slovakia as being better sides, which was the point really.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

Regardless, I don't think there was anything to date that suggests Wales or Slovakia as being better sides, which was the point really.
It was, but I wasn't being 100% serious.

Although I will be nervous as hell tomorrow afternoon.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was, but I wasn't being 100% serious.

Although I will be nervous as hell tomorrow afternoon.
Fair enough mate - wouldn't sit right if you weren't taking the opposite stance to me in terms of optimism anyway :)

I'm not too worried, but I live too close to the border to bear up if the unthinkable happens.

If England lose tomorrow then every player and coach involved should be barred from football related activities for life. Pretty simple.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Two best players on the park tomorrow will be in red.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bale yes, but you're kidding yourself if you think Ramsey is the next best. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

And they have a player in their squad that we released after being relegated to the conference. Can't stress that enough

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bale yes, but you're kidding yourself if you think Ramsey is the next best. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

And they have a player in their squad that we released after being relegated to the conference. Can't stress that enough
Ramsey would walk into that England side. You're shoehorning in your captain who isn't good enough to play up front; Ramsey's still one of the best, most dynamic midfielders in the Premier League even if he's dipped a bit from a couple of seasons ago.