• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Do you guys remember when James Milner was the best player on the park against Bayern in Munich in a game that we won?

Good times. Scaly probably didn't see that though.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would likely get a better team in the quater-finals though. probably France. Win the group and you get something like Portugal or Italy.

Yes I am thinking ridiculously far ahead and making loads of assumptions.

Really though it is about not letting Wales win the group.
Fair enough,l but we do that by thrashing the gobby gits, anything else is unthinkable.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't Milner like 31? Surely that's too old to be a defensive winger. I know Kuyt did it for Holland in 2014 but he was always far better at it than Milner ever was.
His best position for us this season was when he was playing as a defensive winger on the left or right side. Ironically, he was providing more service than the regulars too. He doesn't have the consistent touch and vision, but he does pull it out often enough that he's good there an his selflessness makes him an asset. He's the kind of player you want in the squad though, he can play most positions and roles.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
I'd be putting Vardy on as a swap for Kane in the 2nd half simply because he has the midas touch at the moment and will probably score or create chances. Kane had a couple assists for the entire EPL season so if he doesn't score it's not likely he will create for others either.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Russia have actually been slightly better today than they were against England. Reckon it puts England's shift on Saturday into perspective.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
So how come we can only draw against Russia..then Russia are 2 down against Slovakia..are we actually going to get through this round? Can we win against Wales tomorrow?

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Cool. Have the players been named for tomorrow's game as I would like to see Vardy play...he seems to be talked about quite a bit on here and it will be good to see what everyone is talking about.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hamsik so good. His goal and passing throughout the game were/have been excellent obviously, but there is just something so great about a player who can switch so effortlessly from one foot to another and is just so strong/skillful on either. Just looks so lovely and fluid. Love it. In an ideal world all players would have mastered this.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably not, I think Roy will keep the team much the same because of the spin on the Russia performance was pretty positive. He might play on the left wing because Sterling had a poor game on Saturday, but if that happens you're not really getting the true Vardy Experience.