• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - France, Romania, Albania, Switzerland

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm definitely in the Pogba is overhyped camp but 20% quality is probably a bit harsh. My biggest issue with him as a player is that I don't really think he's a proper central midfielder, he's more an extra forward who'll drop deep and get involved in the midfield play sometimes. He basically never really plays in a two man midfield. Has always played in a three with a couple of really good partners. He's an attacking mid, who'll drift wide and get forward, shoot a lot and get a good number of goals and assists. He'll make quite a lot of tackles etc but he'll chase the ball and leave gaps. I think he's a bit like Dele Alli really in that he's an incredibly talented player who grabs all the headlines but his teammates do the bread and butter stuff really well to make it possible in the first place. If you want genuine width from Martial and Coman then you can only really fit one attacking mid in the team and you can't drop Payet.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Do not rate that team selection from France. Don't see the need for them to change anything, it's not like they played badly against Romania.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm definitely in the Pogba is overhyped camp but 20% quality is probably a bit harsh. My biggest issue with him as a player is that I don't really think he's a proper central midfielder, he's more an extra forward who'll drop deep and get involved in the midfield play sometimes. He basically never really plays in a two man midfield. Has always played in a three with a couple of really good partners. He's an attacking mid, who'll drift wide and get forward, shoot a lot and get a good number of goals and assists. He'll make quite a lot of tackles etc but he'll chase the ball and leave gaps. I think he's a bit like Dele Alli really in that he's an incredibly talented player who grabs all the headlines but his teammates do the bread and butter stuff really well to make it possible in the first place. If you want genuine width from Martial and Coman then you can only really fit one attacking mid in the team and you can't drop Payet.
Yeah I was being hyperbolic. This is closer to what I actually think.

I also really respect a manager who has the balls to actually do it, having spent about ten years watching England refusing to drop players who got on video game covers regardless of how much tactical sense it made.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Payet could have had about 10 assists by now. This half alone he's put in countless balls that led to clear headed chances, bloke's going to have to do it himself again.

cpr

International Coach
Effing hell, they're going to go all the way with scrappy last minute winners, aren't they?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Pogba was mostly poor once he came on but that was a proper Hail Mary of a long ball. France are really great to watch once they're desperate or freed up.

Also two complete slips set up that second goal.

Last edited: