• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Semi-Final 1: Spain v Portugal

Agent TBY

International Captain
**** goes down like he's been shot under a good tackle and starts rolling around. But he gets up straight away when he realises that they still had the ball and weren't getting a freekick.

Should just be sent off for **** like that, pathetic.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Convoluted rules different all over the place TBH, but I don't think you can appeal a yellow, for some utterly bizarre reason, and only a red if the ref didn't see it, or summat. It's a farce to be fair, all about refs decisions being respected on the field, but of course it has the opposite effect.
You can in exceptional circumstances, we appealed a 2nd yellow against Arthur Numan in the Champions League because he was booked for coming back onto the pitch after treatment without permission despite the referee waving him back on.

This has been absolute toilet, Spain are terrible to watch these days.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So frustrating, Spain have looked okay in extra time, if they'd just played like that throughout they'd have pissed it.

Now of course I don't know if I want them to lose for being so negative, with good players, or of course, hope for the Ronaldo tears.

Cristiano will chip it won't he?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
That did actually threaten to be a good game for a while there while Portugal had the legs to run the show and Spain hadn't gotten into gear. Unfortunately, the more Spain dominate a match, the worse it is to watch, and so it has inevitably degenerated into the **** we've been watching for the past hour or so.

Scaly piscine

This has been absolute toilet, Spain are terrible to watch these days.
Corrected. In my lifetime they've always been utterly tedious. Including when England won their one and only meaningful penalty shoot-out back in Euro 96.

I missed out a feature of their game plan when I describe them as trying to win the possession stat first, walk it into the net second and win the game third. They also have the incredibly cynical side to them which warrants a definite mention. The number of times they just blatantly take out someone out on a counter attack is ridiculous. That's basically how they stop teams taking advantage of counter attacks - cynical professional fouls or cheating essentially.

Scaly piscine

Knew that second penalty would be saved as soon as the Portuguese player stuttered for half an hour in his run up.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Corrected. In my lifetime they've always been utterly tedious. Including when England won their one and only meaningful penalty shoot-out back in Euro 96.

I missed out a feature of their game plan when I describe them as trying to win the possession stat first, walk it into the net second and win the game third. They also have the incredibly cynical side to them which warrants a definite mention. The number of times they just blatantly take out someone out on a counter attack is ridiculous. That's basically how they stop teams taking advantage of counter attacks - cynical professional fouls or cheating essentially.
I take it you didn't watch Euro 2008 then?