• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter Finals

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They were going on about Shrek's legs are gone etc.

How? He's done absolutely **** all. When Italy had the ball he just stood in the middle of the park. When he got the ball he fannied about and gave it back near instantly.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: agree. The concept of 'fate' doesn't apply to the English.

Disgraceful stuff. Rooney was really ****.
He's been dire, can see him missing too.

And the only thing that'd be rougher than Gerrard missing a peno is Pirlo missing one. He's been in a class of his own tonight.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Am I the only one who doesn't think Italy have been that great? Their final product, whether shot or final ball in, has been appalling. The stats say 31 shots / 18 on target, but how many of those actually made Hart work?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
A few thoughts, as I can't bring myself to watch the penalties.

1. Tonight our front six actually surpassed anything I've seen before in their inability to retain possession. Inability to control the ball, poor passing, dreadful decision making - you name it. Really, really poor. I wouldn't accept that at Selhurst park.

2. Our back four may well be flawed, but they were genuinely heroic tonight.

3. The next time anyone lazily refers to Rooney as being 'world class' I may just put a brick through my TV.

4. Someone really needs to explain to Joe Hart that luzzing it down the pitch to the opposition simply doesn't cut it at this level.

5. The England players really don't seem to like Walcott very much. What is the point in bringing him on if we aren't going to give him the ball?

6. If we are going to play guys like Walcott, Ox, Young or Johnson in the future, we'd better go for a Portugal-style 4-3-3 formation, or we'll get over-run in midfield every time.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
tbh it's no bad thing. Watching this lot get taken apart by the Germans would have been beyond the pale. And obviously Italy deserved it by dint of simply being competent and actually being able to retain possession.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Why the **** was Cole taking a penalty?

Young should have been subbed off at half-time.

Italy on the balance of play deserved it. Was going for England this tourney though so disappointed.