• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter Finals

Agent TBY

International Captain
Czechs were horrible, couldn't cross the ball and were giving it away at every opportunity. Baros was downright useless - didn't chase, didn't jump for headers, nothing. Have to wonder what he was even there for.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well, that was a fairly dour affair. Czechs had nothing to them, and Portugal were only better because they had Ronaldo.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I normaly want the side that actually tries to score a goal to win so perfectly happy for Portugal to go through, makes for a better semi final at any rate.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yes. There was a Tournament that was really good, then became utterly tedious in the knock-out stages, can't remember which one, they all merge in a drunken haze after a while.

Early to say that obviously, but you can see at least one team in each Quarters that will wish to play negatively.
Euro 96.

England 0-0 Spain
France 0-0 Netherlands
Germany 2-1 Croatia
Czech Republic 1-0 Portugal

England 1-1 Germany
Czech Republic 0-0 France

Germany 2-1 Czech Republic

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The real fun will start tomorrow with the Eurozone grudge match. Doubt the football will be particularly exciting, but I'm hoping it'll be a fiery contest. Could be amusing. Just hope Greece aren't thrashed.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fulham's Europa League run 2009/10:

beat Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)
beat Juventus (Italy)
beat Wolfsburg & Hamburg (Germany)
lost to Atletico Madrid (Spain)

Pothas

The real fun will start tomorrow with the Eurozone grudge match. Doubt the football will be particularly exciting, but I'm hoping it'll be a fiery contest. Could be amusing. Just hope Greece aren't thrashed.
Germany to get an early goal and get 4 or 5.

Still even the slightest possibility of Greece winning makes this game an entertaining prospect.

grecian

Euro 96.

England 0-0 Spain
France 0-0 Netherlands
Germany 2-1 Croatia
Czech Republic 1-0 Portugal

England 1-1 Germany
Czech Republic 0-0 France

Germany 2-1 Czech Republic
Yeah, possibly, was too drunk on cool brittania, britpop, and well alcohol at the time to remember much.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't usually look forward to spiteful, potentially borderline-violent sporting matches, buuuut....

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Gomez, Podolski and Muller out; Klose, Reus and Schurrle in.

First 2 are good moves IMO, Klose links up much better with Ozil than Gomez does and Podolski has been Germany's worst player.

Scaly piscine

Fabregas showing his CDMs training there. Sees the arm coming over so he grabs it to try and make it look like he's been pushed and then falls over.

One of the few times I'll ever want France to win.