Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 250

Thread: Quarter Finals

  1. #166
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    19,777
    Ikki further proving that he doesn't bother watching football.

  2. #167
    International Captain Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    5,290
    Yeah! All the way baby!
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

    Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

    RIP Craig

  3. #168
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Why the **** was Cole taking a penalty?

    Young should have been subbed off at half-time.

    Italy on the balance of play deserved it. Was going for England this tourney though so disappointed.
    Cole's track record with penalty shootouts is pretty good isn't it? Buried one in the Champions League final, anyway.

    Young's a complete wanker and got his just deserts. I'd like to think that's his last kick in an England shirt for a few years. But it probably won't be.

  4. #169
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    19,777
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Surprised JT hasn't thrown an Italy kit on and started celebrating TBH.
    best post.


  5. #170
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jason Koumas is having a party
    Posts
    48,128
    Got what we deserved still hurts like hell
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

    SWA

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  6. #171
    International Coach Ikki's Avatar
    Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Death Queen Island
    Posts
    12,494
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Cole's track record with penalty shootouts is pretty good isn't it? Buried one in the Champions League final, anyway.

    Young's a complete wanker and got his just deserts. I'd like to think that's his last kick in an England shirt for a few years. But it probably won't be.
    I remember him taking a few, not being renown for it. Meh. I would have let Henderson take it ahead of him TBH.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Surprised JT hasn't thrown an Italy kit on and started celebrating TBH.
    ★★★★★

  7. #172
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    If England want any chance to play decently in the WC they can't take Roy. This kind of performance will be the norm and there is no way they are going to get this lucky in multiple games.
    Yeah, because we were so good at the WC under our previous manager ......

    Whether Hodgson is able to get an English side to actually keep the ball is debatable. I suspect that would be beyond anyone. Especially with the meager fares available to us nowadays.

  8. #173
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,008
    Done the country proud, we're just average.

    Have to say I'm gutted, but I hope we learn from this ****. Parker is rubbish, Terry can retire, Milner isn't good enough, young and welbeck don't look great. Why was Rooney so unfit?
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  9. #174
    Hall of Fame Member Cevno's Avatar
    Simon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    15,713
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Nah. Italy played the better football but they were absolute garbage in the final third.
    They created quite a few chances, and had a a lot of shots on target too. Their finishing was dire, but definitely the better team clearly.
    Last edited by Cevno; 24-06-2012 at 03:36 PM.

  10. #175
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,480
    Ah well, a reasonable campaign comes to an inevitable end, shame it was with a really poor performance. Never mind.

    So annoying the way the BBC pundits are now lording it about how England failed to keep possession, as if it's somehow a new problem which hasn't plagued them for the best part of a decade.

  11. #176
    International Coach Ikki's Avatar
    Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Death Queen Island
    Posts
    12,494
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Yeah, because we were so good at the WC under our previous manager ......

    Whether Hodgson is able to get an English side to actually keep the ball is debatable. I suspect that would be beyond anyone. Especially with the meager fares available to us nowadays.
    You misunderstand. Hodgson doesn't want his team to dominate possession or play the kind of football you see from Italy. He wants the midfield to sit deep, not press so as not to lose shape, and to utilise long balls from the back. Roy is still living on tactics from the 1970s.

    England will play plenty of friendlies in between now and the WC and you'll see this even clearer.

  12. #177
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,859
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Done the country proud, we're just average.

    Have to say I'm gutted, but I hope we learn from this ****. Parker is rubbish, Terry can retire, Milner isn't good enough, young and welbeck don't look great. Why was Rooney so unfit?
    Because he's world class and therefore it's OK? It's a very fair question actually. Yet another dire tournament from the over-indulged one. 2004 really was the beginning and end of it, wasn't it.

  13. #178
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,008
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Ah well, a reasonable campaign comes to an inevitable end, shame it was with a really poor performance. Never mind.

    So annoying the way the BBC pundits are now lording it about how England failed to keep possession, as if it's somehow a new problem which hasn't plagued them for the best part of a decade.

    A decade? since I've started watching them.
    Last edited by grecian; 24-06-2012 at 03:38 PM.

  14. #179
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,376
    **** me, backed England for the the first time ever when it got to penalties and have just lost a $945 drinks bill - serves me right

  15. #180
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Because he's usually good at them
    Yeah, recall him scoring in 4 shootouts prior to today. His effort today was Southgate-esque though, really tepid.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Will you ignore the world cup until the quarter finals?
    By StumpMic in forum World Cup 2011
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 01:14 AM
  2. Fast bowler survival round quarter and semi finals
    By stephen in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 29-05-2010, 09:52 PM
  3. Twenty20 Cup - Quarter Finals
    By Simon in forum WCC - Team Sheets
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-06-2009, 10:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •