• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commentary Thread

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha great. Arry joining the BBC team apparently but still take them over the joy that is Southgate and Towsend

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hope the BBC have Clarence Seedorf as a pundit again.

In any event, I intend to avoid ITV as much as possible. Their entire commentary/punditry lineup is thoroughly objectionable.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
What's the situation in England with the coverage? Sky and BBC at the same time, or they take different games?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ITV alternate with BBC. Sky get nothing because they like to keep big international tournaments free-to-air.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
ITV. Eeeuuuww. Chiles and Red Clive with Townsend and Southgate prevaricating as if their lives depended on it. :sick: When Keane sits in it's like Michelangelo has been forced to make ends meet by doing a bit of artexing in between Sistine Chapels.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I actually don't mind Southgate but he might have just stood out at the World Cup because the rest of ITV's panel was so ****.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't stand Southgate. A very Southern English brand of moron: one who's far too polite to ever say anything of substance. All you get is a load of "looking back on that he'll think he maybe could have done a bit better there."

He's not horribly, infuriatingly wrong all the time like Townsend though. So in that sense he's one of ITV's better pundits, but that's a bit like being the nicest paedophile.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think Southgate is often quite critical and cutting with what he says to be honest. The reason I dislike him so much though is that he's a massive hypocrite. Happy to say how crap the decisions of other managers are, whilst conveniently forgetting that his tenure with Middlesbrough was absolutely disastrous.

Townsend also incredibly irksome, and just a moron. At least Robbie Earle was a nice lad, don't remember a lot about his punditry before his...er...indiscretion, but at least he wasn't extremely annoying. Can't stand Chiles, Clive, Drury, Beglin or Pleat though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I like Beglin but that's mostly because I associate his voice with watching our UEFA Cup run on ITV4.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
ITV's production values are pissweak compared to the beeb as well

Personally I wish sky were allowed to show some games; not exclusively but it'd be nice to have the choice.

The good news is ESPN have none. Their choice of pundit is...well.