Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Commentary Thread

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Attempted to avoid ITV commentary by going to the Lass o Gowrie in Manchester which advertised football in your own language. Sadly we got a seat in front of the big screen which they put ITV on but they had Spanish tv on a smaller screen which was 4 seconds ahead of ITV so everytime anything interesting happened the reaction of the other half of the bar told us what had happened before we saw it. Left at half time. WAFD
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

cpr
    What a silly idea, the TV's in the Lass are really close together to IIRC, big screen hangs down near the toilets, pointing towards the bar, then 2 yards away (though pointing back down the pub) they tended to have the other. Chaos if your trying to show 2 different things.

Mind you, organization and the Lass do not go hand in hand. Quiz night in there invariably ends up in disaster.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Appreciate that Itv have actually bothered to go to the tournament but ****ing hell what is tht studio?!
    Ha, it looks like they are sitting in a DFS showroom or something.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Carragher's accent is more of a parody than Harry Enfield's scousers, tbh. If I didn't know better I'd say he was taking the Mickey Bliss.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Put it on mute and go and do something else or change the channel whilst the ITV pundits are on tbh. Can't stand Chiles, find Southgate to be annoying and talk a load of rubbish, can't listen to Carragher's voice, Vieira doesn't seem to be paying attention half the time, Keane also annoying. Strachan not bad. Bring back Robbie Earle imo.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Given that carragher's accent doesn't bother me for obvious reasons, Ive enjoyed his punditry. Was hoping he'd say a bit more about Evra though, thought he was gonna have a mini rant then.

Adrian Chiles asking him about Steven Gerrard every five minutes is ****ing annoying though. They're mates eh, who knew? Swear to god Chiles was decent when he started out on the beeb.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Given that carragher's accent doesn't bother me for obvious reasons
    I'd have said it would annoy you more. Nothing worse than travesties of one's own accent. Bugs the **** out of me when I hear dodgy attempts at the Fen brogue.

Carragher's is like a bad impression of a scouse accent.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    His accent just sounds the same as a lot of Liverpool lads though. Obviously someone like a Gerrard or Aldo isn't as severe but walk into any city centre bar and it's ten a penny.

Being sober for an England match, I actually listened to the commentary, and honestly how ****ing embarrassing is Clive Tyldesley. His jingoistic outpourings, his fanboyism (Scott Parker was **** last night Clive, not some sort of demi-god collossus), and his just totally wrong reading of the game in England's favour. It made me relieved when Andy Townsend was talking, and god that takes some doing.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I think it says something about how bad the BBC are when it comes to football coverage that ITV are blowing them out the water despite the presence of Adrian Chiles and Andy Townsend in their team.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I can't believe they let Mick McCarthy near a microphone again after the World Cup. He's a level of ****e I didn't think existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I think it says something about how bad the BBC are when it comes to football coverage that ITV are blowing them out the water despite the presence of Adrian Chiles and Andy Townsend in their team.
    Yeah, indeed. BBC have been shocking. Endless cinematic montages as well, all of which are totally pointless.

So annoying that the BBC pundits change their tune every ten minutes as well. At the start of the Spain/Croatia match they said how Spain would walk it, then at half time they said "Spain a pale shadow of the team they were two years ago", before then at fulltime saying how great they were again.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I can't believe they let Mick McCarthy near a microphone again after the World Cup. He's a level of ****e I didn't think existed.
    "That Veron, he's got the same name as a guy who used to play for Man Utd."

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah, indeed. BBC have been shocking. Endless cinematic montages as well, all of which are totally pointless.

So annoying that the BBC pundits change their tune every ten minutes as well. At the start of the Spain/Croatia match they said how Spain would walk it, then at half time they said "Spain a pale shadow of the team they were two years ago", before then at fulltime saying how great they were again.
    It's because none of them have a clue about any football that's not played in England, and quite obviously don't bother themselves to actually do any research.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post

What's not to love about cinematic montages? Love 'em personally
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information