Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Euro 2012 Bookies

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Justice For The 96
    Posts
    19,147

    Euro 2012 Bookies

    Who's your cash going on then?

    I'm sorely tempted to have a punt on France - reckon they're massively under-rated by the bookies.

    Will definitely be putting cash on Germany - I suspect with Barcelona's recent form that this will be a tournament too far for Spain. They'll go deep in the tournament but I'm not convinced that their key players will have enough in the tank to get over the line.

  2. #2
    Yea surely Spain can't fluke another tournament after their jam-laden World Cup campaign.

    Germany overwhelming favourites for me.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:


    MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

  3. #3
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,431
    Latest winner odds from oddschecker:

    Spain 11/4
    Germany 7/2
    Netherlands 15/2
    England 12/1
    France 63/5
    Italy 141/10
    Portugal 20/1
    Russia 25/1
    Ukraine 53/1
    Croatia 61/1
    Poland 66/1
    Sweden 80/1
    Greece 89/1
    Czech Republic 96/1
    Republic of Ireland 100/1
    Denmark 108/1


    Even allowing for the patrioric punter England are comically bad value there. Italy look the value to me, but the winner's goona come from the first three.
    - As featured in The Independent.

    "Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

  4. #4
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    #7Thompson
    Posts
    47,138
    Someone post the tournament odds, I cbf

    Edit - Brumby psychic evidently
    Last edited by GIMH; 09-05-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Latest winner odds from oddschecker:

    Spain 11/4
    Germany 7/2
    Netherlands 15/2
    England 12/1
    France 63/5
    Italy 141/10
    Portugal 20/1
    Russia 25/1
    Ukraine 53/1
    Croatia 61/1
    Poland 66/1
    Sweden 80/1
    Greece 89/1
    Czech Republic 96/1
    Republic of Ireland 100/1
    Denmark 108/1


    Even allowing for the patrioric punter England are comically bad value there. Italy look the value to me, but the winner's goona come from the first three.
    Pretty long odds for Republic of Ireland. They are always pretty tough to beat. If I were a gambling man I might be tempted to see what the odds of them qualifying from their group are as Spain and Italy are ****e in the group stages. Croatia are fairly crap.

  6. #6
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    10,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Yea surely Spain can't fluke another tournament after their jam-laden World Cup campaign.

    Germany overwhelming favourites for me.
    Lol Scaly.

  7. #7
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    23,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Pretty long odds for Republic of Ireland. They are always pretty tough to beat. If I were a gambling man I might be tempted to see what the odds of them qualifying from their group are as Spain and Italy are ****e in the group stages. Croatia are fairly crap.
    I think the value will be on us getting a result against Spain. We don't have to shoehorn players with actual talent into the infamous anti-Spain strategy- we've been playing that way by default for years. Most of the skillset everyone notices (i.e. what players can do when their team has the ball) is just irrelevant against them anyway, and we invariably raise our game against big names.

    The big-man-hoof attack is probably what they're most vulnerable to, too. Not to say Spain aren't massive favourites but it's about as good a strategical match-up as we could possibly have.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 09-05-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread
    By Ausage in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 1374
    Last Post: 30-01-2013, 02:45 AM
  2. Euro 2012 subforum
    By GIMH in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 05:47 AM
  3. Euro Cup 2012 Is Underway
    By Inarra in forum Euro 2012
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15-04-2012, 11:21 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-12-2011, 12:24 AM
  5. The European Union and the Euro
    By stephen in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-06-2010, 09:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •