• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D Discussion - Ukraine, Sweden, France, England

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Who will be captain? Surprised there hasn't been much talk around that
I think Gerrard is the overwhelming favorite to get it, which then can cause it's own share of problems in terms of his place in the starting 11.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I'm a big Gerrard advocate but his fitness is a concern so it's a funny one.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Picking Terry over Rio is a strange decision if true, assuming it was a one vs the other situation.

Apparently Richards, Walker & Crouch have been left out too.

This what Hodgson said yesterday also -

Hodgson drops squad hint | England Football Team News, Fixtures, Results | Sky Sports
Richards and Walker left out? :-O Woy not bothering with a right back at all then? & no, Glen Johnson or Phil Jones don't count.

Can sort of see Rio's omission, aging, lost pace, still prone to the eff up, but if it means Hodgson takes Captain Racist then I call bullshot.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hodgson is aware that if you pick johnson instead of richards terry still has to play with a black guy right?

two if
plays!

and then ashley too!

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richards and Walker left out? :-O Woy not bothering with a right back at all then? & no, Glen Johnson or Phil Jones don't count.

Can sort of see Rio's omission, aging, lost pace, still prone to the eff up, but if it means Hodgson takes Captain Racist then I call bullshot.

Some are saying it might not be for footballing reasons that Rio's left out. The logical conclusion is Roy wanted Terry and Ferdinand, and Rio wasn't having it.

That's my honeymoon period with Roy over, if so. Oh and Phil Jones:(

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This squad has giving me an headache. Jones, Terry, Defoe and Downing, pile of ****. No Jagielka, Carrick or Crouch. Oh and apparently if Parker is injured, Henderson will go:laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England squad for Euro 2012:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Man City), Rob Green (West Ham), John Ruddy (Norwich)

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton)

Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
First two games?

Hart

Johnson
Terry
Lescott
Cole

Walcott
Gerrard
Parker
Young

Wellbeck
Carroll

??

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Kyle Walker's injured isn't he?

Downing ahead of Lennon is a bit of a farce. In fact Downing being picked is a joke.