Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Group D Discussion - Ukraine, Sweden, France, England

Was never in question itbt.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Sounds like Rio has kicked off about still not being included.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Making not so subtle jibes, is how it comes across to me. Tbf, he has a point.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    But on the positive side Terry's scan was all-clear... oh wait.
    The replacement would have been Caragher the way it is going, so not too bad news.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Well Kelly has surely been called up as Johnson's backup with Phil Jones now acting mainly as centre-back cover??
    Think Jagielka will be the first centre-back cover with Jones more of a utility back up at RB/DM/CB.

'Arry wouldn't have had an agenda and would have picked the best players available.

Martin. ****ing. Kelly. I'll generally support England in any sport against any opposition that isn't Australia, but this is getting utterly beyond parody and I'm finding it really, really difficult to get behind this England team. I was just reading a stat that Liverpool now have six players in the England squad. United and City combined have seven. FFS.

On the upside, I'm looking forward to the inevitable upcoming ITV reality show where Rio and Micah get to compete to see which of them has been ****ed harder by Uncle Woy and the FA.
    Last edited by The Sean; 03-06-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

cpr
    All this talk about players attitude issues keeping them out of the squad.

Rather have a player who acts like a **** than plays like a **** TBH. If they cannot be trusted to keep their head on for 2-3 weeks, then come out and say it, might make them buck up a bit to know they are missing the big tournaments because they are acting like tards
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

cpr
    Also RE Ferdinand: Its pretty clear he wants to be in the squad, even if Terry is there. Clearly thinks he can still get the on pitch relationship working, and i'm guessing he's now old enough to just keep out of his way and leave the issue for a fortnight off the pitch. FA/Roy are ballsing this one up big time, unless they think he physically cannot last the tournament, in which case say so.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Fair but you're still a ****

Sports coverage would be so much more entertaining if stuff like this could be said on air

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i can see why liverpool supporters hated roy so much. he clearly has no idea about good players
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    I know the above was said in jest, but it is totally true. He was benching Lucas for Poulsen in the beginning before he realised how much the former was better than the latter. Was getting rid of Insua for Konchesky. Agger passed the ball too much and Roy was thinking about moving him on because he wouldn't just kick the ball up. Roy's time at Liverpool was a disaster and people are only just discovering some of the strange decisions he makes. He may get away with it in smaller teams - with all due respect to Fulham and WBA fans - but when he is at a team with good alternatives his choices will be put under a microscope.

People should also just accept that under Roy the midfield is going to look a shambles, the ball-playing is going to be ugly and the team will be disjointed. His theory is that his two banks of 4, with the shape kept - meaning not too many fancy runs and interlinking plays - will provide more sturdy defence. In reality this is a whole lot of ball to give up just to remain tight. You don't really have to do that and most teams in football are on the possession-based model of defence.

Having said all that, you just never know. It's only, what, 6 matches? Win 1 in the group stage, tie the other 2 and you'll get through. Then it is only 3 matches where I expect England, if they get far, to take teams to ET and penalties.
    Last edited by Ikki; 03-06-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

There's a decent XI to be made from players who won't be available for the France game due to injuries, not being selected, not being available for selection or gratuitously getting himself suspended. Viz ..

Ruddy
    Richards, Cahill, Ferdinand & Barry
    Carrick, Lampard & Wilshere
    Johnson, Rooney & Bent

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    How old's Danny Murphy now? Still reckon he'd add more to the squad than Henderson, even at 34/5 or however old he is.

He'd be the best dead ball striker in the squad for one.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information