• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D Discussion - Ukraine, Sweden, France, England

cpr

International Coach
So in the HT interview clip tonight, Gabby Logan as Steven Gerrard what England would do if they encountered racist chanting during a match.

Very dissapointed Stevies answer wasn't 'We'd tell JT to shut the **** up'

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Why do England's WAGs trowel on the fake tan?

- The darker they are the less likely it is that Terry will try to **** them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I mean a lot of us wouldnt have Henderson on the squad but there's nothing classy about calling it out like that. Barton is a tool.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Now there's something I'd completely forgotten from the 2004 game against France - Beckham's missed penalty. I suppose the mess-up in the last five minutes overshadowed it, but even so.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is Hodgson some knid of under-appreciated comedian?

He says replicate club form, after picking a lot of players that were **** for their club last season.

Genius.

grecian

I like how he said he didn't even think of picking Rio, I call it the "early onset of alzheimers defence", lucky he didn't forget Joe Hart or Ashley Cole, TBF.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never been so underwhelmed the day before an England opening game in a tournament. May change tomorrow but I doubt it. Hope we do well but not expecting it.

cpr

International Coach
Not even watching it TBH. Finish work at 5, so every pub in towns gonna be rammed by the time I get there, so meeting an old uni mate for a coffee instead, I'll catch the highlights (ie, the French goals) later.

Pothas

One of the only games that I will not watch in the pub actually, just not worth the hassle.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So then, Oxlade-Chamberlain starts. A bold (and probably right) move.

At least this means Downing won't start, I think we can all agree that's something in everyone's interests. Unless you're French.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The right decision and it's not close, Ox is just in a different class to Downing. Really wasn't expecting it though, fair play to Hodgson.