• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A Discussion - Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic

James

Cricket Web Owner
8 June 2012
Poland v Greece
National Stadium, Warsaw

8 June 2012
Russia v Czech Republic
Municipal Stadium, Wrocław

12 June 2012
Greece v Czech Republic

12 June 2012
Poland v Russia
National Stadium, Warsaw

16 June 2012
Czech Republic v Poland

16 June 2012
Greece v Russia
National Stadium, Warsaw

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stunning group this one.

Poland might be fairly decent though, backing them and Russia to get through.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will be forced to cheer on Greece due to my affiliations. Is it possible for them to end up playing England?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha shame, that would have been entertaining. Not sure if their style has improved much since 2004, but provided it has, I hope they do well. Think Greek people could do with something to cheer about etc...

And because Sotiris Ninis and Sokratis Papastathopoulos are great on Football Manager as well, obviously.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
True that. There's a Greek restaurant next to my house, called "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant", I am yet to visit it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
There's a couple of hyped youngsters from Greece now...Ninis was hyped a bit two years ago and the Guardian just went ape**** over Fetfazidis. And Papastathopoulos is rated in Germany.

Worried about their keepers though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Kyriakos Papadopoulos is meant to be an exciting prospect as well apparently. In library at the moment, eagerly anticipating leaving the dissertation to go home and watch the match.

grecian

Was it a good goal, I wouldn't ****ing know, because I had TIVO put in by Virgin media earlier today, so naturally I haven't got any TV working at all now, spiffing:@

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Was it a good goal, I wouldn't ****ing know, because I had TIVO put in by Virgin media earlier today, so naturally I haven't got any TV working at all now, spiffing:@
You've not seen much less of the game than the referee. No wonder the Greeks are spitting blood.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shocking. Really dreadful. Feel sorry for Papastathopoulos, did nowt wrong.

Don't think Greece have actually been as bad as the BBC is making out either. Granted they had that period at the back of ten minutes or so when they conceded, but they've not been awful.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Isn't it on the BBC site as well mate?

Scaly piscine

Not that I was watching properly (playing Diablo 3) but I agree the BBC were rather overplaying Poland's dominance.

Decent game for an opener.

Scaly piscine

Is it, I'm not watching it on a silly little screen when I should be watching it in widescreen and on HD. Engineer still not ****ing here.
Hmm I've got widescreen, HD, Virgin and a TiVo box. I could take a photograph so you can see what they look like when they're all working.