• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A Discussion - Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Another good thing that has come out of today is that Russia going out has prevented Arshavin from making any additional performances which may have made Wenger doubt his decision to get rid. If anything, his showing today should have hopefully motivated Monsieur to get shot of him ASAP.
I'd hope Wenger was intelligent enough not to allow a week's worth of decent performances gloss over 3 years of absolute dross.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Czech and Greece are terrible, reckon they might be the two worst teams in the tournament after Ireland. Basically a bonus round for whoever gets out of the group of death.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit harsh on the Czech's I would say, they are not good but tidy enough after their poor first game.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I missed the game last night but after watching the first two games I'd have said there's no way they're better than Poland. The performance against Russia was the worst of the tourney so far.

Don't know whether it's a compliment or not though. Poland were clearly better than Greece, but totally choked, whereas Czech were under a lot of pressure for much of their game against Greece but still scrapped a win. There's a lot to be said for finding a way through in spite of your total ****eness.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Poland had a bit of the ball first half last night, but given how the Czechs stepped up after the break when they knew they needed to score I think they were more than happy with the draw which would've taken them through had the Greeks not scored.

If they had a less turd striker than Baros they could've had three easily. Even the ball he played for Jiracek's goal was ordinary. Left the bearded winger with an awful lot to do.

Can't believe Baros is still only 30. Has packed a lot of direness into those years.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poland in all their games were capable of 20 minute spells of being really rather good but fairly hopeless the rest of the time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Poland had a bit of the ball first half last night, but given how the Czechs stepped up after the break when they knew they needed to score I think they were more than happy with the draw which would've taken them through had the Greeks not scored.

If they had a less turd striker than Baros they could've had three easily. Even the ball he played for Jiracek's goal was ordinary. Left the bearded winger with an awful lot to do.

Can't believe Baros is still only 30. Has packed a lot of direness into those years.
He was decent in Euro 04, and um yes

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
& Poborsky was ok in 1996 too & he was the man who launched a million "signing a blank Czech" jokes...

Dangers of signing a player based on tournament performances, I suppose.
I'm trying to remember the name of the Swede that dumped us out of Euro 1992 and was signed by Palace a few years and several kg later.