• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A Discussion - Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wonderfully taken goal for the Czechs. If they & Greece win does that put Russia out?

Both Greece and Russia will have 4 points, presume it'll be on results between the teams?

Beeb confirms it's the case as I type...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wouldn't be sad to see Russia to go out because, well, they're Russia but after their opening game I expected them to go a long way. Haven't looked as good since, though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wouldn't be sad to see Russia to go out because, well, they're Russia but after their opening game I expected them to go a long way. Haven't looked as good since, though.
:-O Nazi, tbh.

If things stay as they are the Czechs'll top the group with a negative goal diff. Can't have happened too often. Cameroon in 1990 is only other time I can think of.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, pretty unusual. Reminds me of the 04-05 English season when Everton and Brentford finished 4th in their respective divisions with -1 goal difference.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Incredible. Who would have thought these two would get through after the opening games.

More like the Arsenal Arshavin tonight and it showed throughout the team.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well, bugger me.

Have to say the team who finishes second in Group B (probz Portugal, I guess) will fancy their chances against the Czechs.

Jerry to smash Greece. Bit of needle in that game I'd imagine.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thrilled tbh. Well done Greece, about time they had something to cheer about.

Done bloody well to get through considering the poor luck they had in the first two games.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh damn the thinly veiled finagelling to get an host country through to the next round, with the oh-so-fairly drawed teams, didn't seem to work.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, plenty of tensions between the two. Angela Merkel is the devil incarnate to a lot of Greeks. Will be hilarious if Greece somehow dump them out, but I'll eat my hat if that happens.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Another good thing that has come out of today is that Russia going out has prevented Arshavin from making any additional performances which may have made Wenger doubt his decision to get rid. If anything, his showing today should have hopefully motivated Monsieur to get shot of him ASAP.