• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A Discussion - Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, just like talking footy in town to me, except he actually talks a lot of sense IMO. Talks a very good game.
He does but it grates.

Considering tweeting ITV to ask Roy Keane to smack Adrian Chiles on air.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great result for Greece. A win would put them through regardless of the margin or other result.

So Poland and Greece need to win to would go through.

Russia would go through with a small defeat if the Czech Republic draw. But otherwise those two need a draw.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Opinion of Poland went up somewhat over the course of the game. Played some really nice stuff at times. Fantastic goal as well.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would have to back Poland and Russia to go through on the basis of the two games we saw today.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Russia will surely trounce Greece so, presuming in this digital age that we get a choice I shall be watching Poland and the Czechs, should be a cracker

Edit - BBC1 and 3, all good.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Greece trounced? What are you saying?!

The Greek elections are the day after their last match, I have no doubt this will provide a great catalyst for a Greek 4-0 victory, Gekas to get a hat-trick.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My thoughts, ready to switch if need be though.

Open start here, I've said that a lot this tournament. Germany-Portugal the only stinker for mine, suppose our game v France may have been dull for neutrals.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Switched over to Greece-Russia, Karagounis has just been booked for a dive but it was a stonewall pen. Bloody hell.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Greece good value for the lead from what I've seen and as I type theyve just hit the woodwork with a cracking free kick. And Russia lucky not to be down to ten men, Dzagoev just put in a nasty challenge that I've seen men walk for.

The separation criteria are pretty strange. Greece just went ahead of Russia because the Czechs scored. I understand how it works but it's pretty quirky.

Last edited: