• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A Discussion - Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cech not really covered himself in glory. He could have spread himself more for the 3rd perhaps. 4th one was a bit of a chocolate fingers really. He got a good hand to that.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Got $25 on Russia to win the whole thing before the tournament, which is pretty nice for an outside bet I think. They'll shorten a bit based on this, totally different class to the rest of the group.

Pothas

Well that was a very good start to to the tournament.

First game was low on quality but good fun, I also won £25 on it which made it rather better.

Russia were good although Czech not bothering with a left back did rather help matters.

2nd spot is wide open though, could easily see them all finishing on 2 points.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, thought he looked so much more motivated than I've seen him since his first season in England

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thoughts of the Arsenal contingent on Arshavin's performance?
Infuriating really. Hope it adds a few numbers onto his value to be honest. Played a great game, but have doubts as to whether he could convert that into long term form in the Premiership. Would rather be shot of him than have him come back and play like that 5 times a year and spend the rest of the time performing well below average.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Can see Greece sneaking 2nd place from this group actually. If they defend well against the Czechs in their next game I can see them sneaking a goal and edging it 1-0. Russia will undoubtedly be through, and probably be guaranteed top spot, by the time they have to play them, so could see them resting a few players and Greece getting a draw.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Can see Greece sneaking 2nd place from this group actually. If they defend well against the Czechs in their next game I can see them sneaking a goal and edging it 1-0. Russia will undoubtedly be through, and probably be guaranteed top spot, by the time they have to play them, so could see them resting a few players and Greece getting a draw.
I suspect the missed penalty will cost them though. Did you see their player celebrating like they'd won the whole tournament when they were awarded it though? Unfortunately, TV didn't show his reaction when it was saved.

Johnners

True, but imo even before the send-off last match he looked hopelessly out of his depth.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Feel a bit sorry for Greece. Had shocking starts to both games, conceded 3 really crap goals, but then once they settled in they've looked like a reasonable side. Not really troubled in either game after they've got it together and been unfortunate with disallowed goals. If they had one or two decent attacking players they'd do quite reasonably I suspect.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Lol at Roy Keane telling the players not to get too rash and get sent off.

And another lol at Gareth Southgate being surprised there is violence before a russia v poland match. What planet are you living on pal?