• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A Discussion - Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Put some money on Poland half-time lead into a draw before the game. Rather happy about that penalty save.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Realise as I'm an Englishman I open to charges of stones and glasshouses, but yuk. Standard of football has been pretty excremental.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What I've seen has been like a championship relegation scrap
When I went over to Warsaw for the World Scrabble Championships in October last year I remember watching two teams in a near empty small stadium on TV. I thought it was a relegation clash in Poland's top club division, turned out to be a friendly between Poland and Belarus.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, maybe it's my vested interest in this game that made it more fun for me, but whilst that wasn't exactly a footballing purist's dream, I don't think the game was that bad.

Poland are nothing to get excited about, but I thought once Greece got it together they looked like a tidy and well drilled side. Thought Kyriakos Papadopoulos looked very impressive individually as well tbh.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
First half was very entertaining honestly, compared to openers in most tournaments. Second obviously wasn't that great, but meh. Memorable game.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Realise as I'm an Englishman I open to charges of stones and glasshouses, but yuk. Standard of football has been pretty excremental.
Dangerous post mate. I was thinking along similar lines until I realised that they both passed it better than we'll probably manage.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dangerous post mate. I was thinking along similar lines until I realised that they both passed it better than we'll probably manage.
Yeah, it's not that I think we're any good or anything, but one of the real joys of 2008 was that it was free of leaden footed Anglo Saxons & Celts and one could slaver over the sublime tekkers on display. I don't expect anything else from us.

If the Poles and Greeks are any guide the standard won't live up this time around.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's the game then. Cracking finish.

Talking to myself here. About time this forum recognise the one voice worth listening to.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Russia looking strong ....

Expected this to be a boring game, but been decent. Dzagoev WAG!