Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: ***Official*** Road to Euro 2012

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    The fact that Scholes is still probably one of the best options available is a sad indictment on the quality of the rest of the players available to be honest. Would be somewhat embarrassing to have to trot out a player who only came out of retirement to help out with an injury crisis at his club as a first choice selection for the national team. That said, shouldn't cut your nose off to spite your face etc...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    5 yard square ball > punting it anywhere a la Gerrard.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Midfield is the least of your worries, whilst England are short of genuine quality in the middle of the park, they've got the makings of a decent midfield.

I'd be far more concerned with the complete lack of options up front (Frazier Campbell?) and the joke of a defence you'll be fielding.

I hear Francis Jeffers is available.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The fact that Scholes is still probably one of the best options available is a sad indictment on the quality of the rest of the players available to be honest. Would be somewhat embarrassing to have to trot out a player who only came out of retirement to help out with an injury crisis at his club as a first choice selection for the national team. That said, shouldn't cut your nose off to spite your face etc...
    Hmm, this got me thinking of intellectually dishonest ways to represent a player's quality. "It's a sad indictment of the City midfield that a player who neither of the good Spanish sides thought was worth taking on is now the first name on their team sheet."
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Hmm, this got me thinking of intellectually dishonest ways to represent a player's quality. "It's a sad indictment of the City midfield that a player who neither of the good Spanish sides thought was worth taking on is now the first name on their team sheet."
    Yeah but come on, the situation I described and the one you've put forward here are entirely different and you know it.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I remember when I used to look forward to major finals and genuinely believe we had a chance.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Can't remember ever having that feeling to be honest. I think the first and last time I ever believed England would win a bit game rather than hoped they would was the Euro 96 Semi-final.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah but come on, the situation I described and the one you've put forward here are entirely different and you know it.
    Haha what you said was a pretty heavy misrepresentation though, I think it's the lawyer in you coming out. Replace "a player that just came out of retirement..." with "Paul Scholes" and see how silly that sentence sounds.

I agree with Ox being a must for the England squad.

Basically I just want a squad and a team I want to watch, that's exciting. If I see the same old failures trotting out like Lampard, Gerrard, Terry and so on I will be pissed off. Some of the selections in the last World Cup were an absolute travesty. I didn't want to see ****ing Wright-Philips doing his frog in a blender impression when Adam Johnson was rotting back in England. Joe Cole getting a gig because his Chelsea mates thought he should play.

I want to see Ox, Adam Johnson, Parker, Wilshere, Cleverley, Phil Jones etc.

Basically a team that plays without fear and gives it a go, like Germany in the last World Cup. They probably knew they weren't going to win it but they showed what they could do and built for the future.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Haha what you said was a pretty heavy misrepresentation though, I think it's the lawyer in you coming out. Replace "a player that just came out of retirement..." with "Paul Scholes" and see how silly that sentence sounds.
    Haha but it's not a misrepresentation at all! The veracity of what I said cannot be questioned!

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread Information