Cricket Player Manager
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Road to Euro 2012

Can we all agree that being a football captain is one of the most overrated jobs in the world?

"Uggh... heads.... we'll take kick off"

"C'mon lads"

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I mean sure I've experienced more Gerrard hype than any other poster in this thread aside from CDM but so what?

I'm biased on heaps of issues but unless Bolton players are playing for England then you can trust that I've come to my opinion objectively. And as grecian said, I'm not falling for hype because I don't buy into the Parker machine.
    So what? That's how the commercial world works. Advertising. Brand loyalty and recognition. People believing Coca Cola is awesome-r than generic brand cola. Getting clothes with somebody's name on them. Unless you're a particularly sceptical and grumpy person like me then you're going to be significantly affected by it. That's human nature.

As I said Parker has only been hyped recently. So you've had several seasons of hype-free football to form an opinion on him, knowing he's played for clubs like Newcastle and West Ham as well as anti-hype because a certain person on here has liked him for years.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Durham and Goughy certainly weren't, Durham in particular spitting with rage, although he seems to feel about Parker like Scaly does Gerrard
    Actually stopped listening to Talksport years ago, bad for my blood-pressure, I just assumed, I was wrong clearly. Bet the callers were happy though.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Missed the first 15, but nice to see Richards back, looking good so far.

Am liking what i've seen, and the team has seemed to have a nice look about it. Welbecks a better impact sub ATM, but with Rooney banned for being a moron and Bent injured....
    Im am not a massive fan but I can't see anyone better and at least he is mobile, would probably play him when Rooney is back as well.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    So what? That's how the commercial world works. Advertising. Brand loyalty and recognition. People believing Coca Cola is awesome-r than generic brand cola. Getting clothes with somebody's name on them. Unless you're a particularly sceptical and grumpy person like me then you're going to be significantly affected by it. That's human nature.

As I said Parker has only been hyped recently. So you've had several seasons of hype-free football to form an opinion on him, knowing he's played for clubs like Newcastle and West Ham as well as anti-hype because a certain person on here has liked him for years.
    I'm not one for brand loyalty myself either. Is it hard for you to believe that I just rate him because I think he's a good player?

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Actually stopped listening to Talksport years ago, bad for my blood-pressure, I just assumed, I was wrong clearly. Bet the callers were happy though.
    I get a lift home with a few lads who put the drivetime talkshow on, Durham's a ****ing awesome professional troll, would cop an infraction on here if any mods tuned in, but actually they did a poll and 80% of the listeners wanted Gerrard as captain.

Darren Gough talking football is one of the funnier things to do on the way home though. Although not as funny as the time he gave his thoughts on us not joining with the rest of Europe over the financial deal, "we used to rule the world and we will do again" was the crux of it
    Phil Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Missed the first 15, but nice to see Richards back, looking good so far.

Am liking what i've seen, and the team has seemed to have a nice look about it. Welbecks a better impact sub ATM, but with Rooney banned for being a moron and Bent injured....
    Really, I'm bored ****less here, looking for a livestream of SheffU S****horpe.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Im am not a massive fan but I can't see anyone better and at least he is mobile, would probably play him when Rooney is back as well.
    Started the season well, but gone off the boil a bit recently. He does have good movement and a nice eye for goal. Think Bent/Rooney are our best front 2, Sturridge is doing well, and RoboCrouch should feel hard done by to be scrapped, always worth a punt for England.

Robben just shown what we lack if we want to win a competition....
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

I turned the sound off ages ago tbh, oh, 0-1, doh

Don't bother challenging him boys ....

Nice finish, but they gave him half of Wembley to run at us.

EDIT
    And it's 2 while I was typing that.

Really, the ITV boys didn't have a clue, did they. The difference in class was obvious to anyone with more than half a brain - little things like ball retention, passing, pace in the final 3rd, etc, etc. Granted I didn't think we'd be dead & burried within 15 minutes of the restart, but we're so far off the pace nowadays that it's embarrassing.
    Last edited by wpdavid; 29-02-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Hey lads, it's alright if you make a challenge ya know.

****s sake

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Never listened to it in my life, just don't see why you evert would.

Anyway nice goal that before the dire service that it is Itv player cut out on me.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quality finish.

Saying that, it looked exactly like a pair of centre backs who'd never played together before.

That looks hideously painful and blood-covered. Huntelaar has eaten half the pitch.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Never listened to it in my life, just don't see why you evert would.
    Anyway nice goal that before the dire service that it is Itv player cut out on me.
    Jacobs and Hawksbee used to be funny, bored now of it though, and Jacobs has just become a caricature of himself, like so many in broadcasting nowadays, hype again, I guess

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information