• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to Euro 2012

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Roy ****ing Keane? Surely the ITV coffers could've sprung for a proper Dutchman?

They'd doubtless have a greater fluency in English too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Did they ask Paul Ince about his 1994 racism row with Stuart Pearce before the game, seeing as racism is the top topic on any football programme this season, and that particular row is all I've read about since Capello stepped down??

Eds

International Debutant
Gets beaten too easily at times and lets people get a shot in when they really shouldn't. ie a little uncultured or naive.

Stronger and infinitely faster than Terry = greater physicality.

I thought it was self-explanatory.
Why the comparison to Terry?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of course footballers are thick, bloody exhibit A is doing the commentary on ITV. Most of the journalists are thick too. I've not said one way or another whether the award was merited just saying 'his team got relegated and he had x assists and y goals what a joke' is an utterly ridiculous thing to say and typical of the crap that infests football arguments.
We were discussing over-hyped ness, I was explaining why I thought he was over-hyped. He should not have won that award, he did because he was the hyped guy of last year.

In conclusion, he was hyped, even over-hyped to buggery.

I agree actually that assists is a useless stat for a player like him, shouldn't have mentioned it really.

It's a tedious argument, but so is blaming years of technical deficiencies on a collective selectorial, media and fan mind-meld. Which seems to be your cogent and not in-the-least crap argument.

The fact is we don't win, because we have players who are not good enough, and are largely all over-hyped. It really isn't anything to get angry about, unless you want to get angry at the coaches at grass-roots.

Jarquis

Can we all agree that being a football captain is one of the most overrated jobs in the world?

"Uggh... heads.... we'll take kick off"

"C'mon lads"

Scaly piscine

I mean sure I've experienced more Gerrard hype than any other poster in this thread aside from CDM but so what?

I'm biased on heaps of issues but unless Bolton players are playing for England then you can trust that I've come to my opinion objectively. And as grecian said, I'm not falling for hype because I don't buy into the Parker machine.
So what? That's how the commercial world works. Advertising. Brand loyalty and recognition. People believing Coca Cola is awesome-r than generic brand cola. Getting clothes with somebody's name on them. Unless you're a particularly sceptical and grumpy person like me then you're going to be significantly affected by it. That's human nature.

As I said Parker has only been hyped recently. So you've had several seasons of hype-free football to form an opinion on him, knowing he's played for clubs like Newcastle and West Ham as well as anti-hype because a certain person on here has liked him for years.

grecian

Durham and Goughy certainly weren't, Durham in particular spitting with rage, although he seems to feel about Parker like Scaly does Gerrard
Actually stopped listening to Talksport years ago, bad for my blood-pressure, I just assumed, I was wrong clearly. Bet the callers were happy though.

Pothas

Missed the first 15, but nice to see Richards back, looking good so far.

Am liking what i've seen, and the team has seemed to have a nice look about it. Welbecks a better impact sub ATM, but with Rooney banned for being a moron and Bent injured....
Im am not a massive fan but I can't see anyone better and at least he is mobile, would probably play him when Rooney is back as well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So what? That's how the commercial world works. Advertising. Brand loyalty and recognition. People believing Coca Cola is awesome-r than generic brand cola. Getting clothes with somebody's name on them. Unless you're a particularly sceptical and grumpy person like me then you're going to be significantly affected by it. That's human nature.

As I said Parker has only been hyped recently. So you've had several seasons of hype-free football to form an opinion on him, knowing he's played for clubs like Newcastle and West Ham as well as anti-hype because a certain person on here has liked him for years.
I'm not one for brand loyalty myself either. Is it hard for you to believe that I just rate him because I think he's a good player?

Actually stopped listening to Talksport years ago, bad for my blood-pressure, I just assumed, I was wrong clearly. Bet the callers were happy though.
I get a lift home with a few lads who put the drivetime talkshow on, Durham's a ****ing awesome professional troll, would cop an infraction on here if any mods tuned in, but actually they did a poll and 80% of the listeners wanted Gerrard as captain.

Darren Gough talking football is one of the funnier things to do on the way home though. Although not as funny as the time he gave his thoughts on us not joining with the rest of Europe over the financial deal, "we used to rule the world and we will do again" was the crux of it

grecian

Missed the first 15, but nice to see Richards back, looking good so far.

Am liking what i've seen, and the team has seemed to have a nice look about it. Welbecks a better impact sub ATM, but with Rooney banned for being a moron and Bent injured....
Really, I'm bored ****less here, looking for a livestream of SheffU S****horpe.

cpr

International Coach
Im am not a massive fan but I can't see anyone better and at least he is mobile, would probably play him when Rooney is back as well.
Started the season well, but gone off the boil a bit recently. He does have good movement and a nice eye for goal. Think Bent/Rooney are our best front 2, Sturridge is doing well, and RoboCrouch should feel hard done by to be scrapped, always worth a punt for England.

Robben just shown what we lack if we want to win a competition....

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Don't bother challenging him boys .... :ph34r:

Nice finish, but they gave him half of Wembley to run at us.

EDIT
And it's 2 while I was typing that.

Really, the ITV boys didn't have a clue, did they. The difference in class was obvious to anyone with more than half a brain - little things like ball retention, passing, pace in the final 3rd, etc, etc. Granted I didn't think we'd be dead & burried within 15 minutes of the restart, but we're so far off the pace nowadays that it's embarrassing.

Last edited:

Pothas

Never listened to it in my life, just don't see why you evert would.

Anyway nice goal that before the dire service that it is Itv player cut out on me.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Quality finish.

Saying that, it looked exactly like a pair of centre backs who'd never played together before.

That looks hideously painful and blood-covered. Huntelaar has eaten half the pitch.

grecian

Never listened to it in my life, just don't see why you evert would.
Anyway nice goal that before the dire service that it is Itv player cut out on me.
Jacobs and Hawksbee used to be funny, bored now of it though, and Jacobs has just become a caricature of himself, like so many in broadcasting nowadays, hype again, I guess