Cricket Player Manager
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Road to Euro 2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Nice optimism, but history suggests otherwise. Our record in Euro finals is even worse than in WCs. Since the group stage was introduced, we've failed to progress on four occasions (1980, 1988, 1992 and 2000) compared to two when we've made it through (1996 and 2004), one of which we had home advantage. And we had better teams on many of those occasions than we currently do.

The likeliest scenario is that the final group game will be vital. If Rooney is one of four strikers in the squad and two of the other get injured or suspended for that game, then we have problems. I couldn't blame Cappello for leaving him behind.
    Ukraine and Poland will take 2 of the spaces available in Pot 1, with Spain and the Netherlands taking the other two; England could draw Spain and get a tough team from pot 3, which makes qualification out of the groups quite a tricky prospect.
    ​63*

Hmm they will be a happy lot over in Turkey. Ireland looking decent, 1-0 up away in Estonia with a man advantage.

Hope Portugal get knocked out. They're like a less skilful and even more tedious version of Spain.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 11-11-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Estonia officially "more than a bit turd" then.

How the blue feck they finished second in their group is staggering.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Lescott playing. FFS. Aren't there any English central defenders who aren't that donkey or the turd who plays like he's stuck in treacle.

Spain for 75% possession.

Also Adam Johnson absent again. He's a different class to guys like Walcott and Milner. There's no substitute for class at international level.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 12-11-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Looks only a matter of time before Spain get in behind England.

Spain never look that solid at the back though, it's a different game if you make your chance count - instead of bollocksing it up big style as all Spain's opponents in the World Cup did, well except in their first match.

Same old. England can't pass for toffee, Spain have the best players in the World but they have a really ineffective method. Spain making this game a toss-up when they should beat England comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Same old. England can't pass for toffee, Spain have the best players in the World but they have a really ineffective method. Spain making this game a toss-up when they should beat England comfortably.
    Football's played over 90 minutes, chasing shadows for 70 minutes will eventually tell.

I agree that sometimes Spain could use the ball a bit quicker, and I think Xabi Alonso is overkill in the midfield. Cesc on for Xabi Alonso would give them more impetus in the final third.

It's a friendly, no-one cares, certainly not the players, it's yawnsville.

Oh, and btw, I quite Like Danny Baker, but has there ever been a more non-sensical tweet than this:

"So the next and best England manager now faces trial over a cash sum less than the current and worst England manager earns every week."

Just how many levels is it wrong on?
    Last edited by grecian; 12-11-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Football's played over 90 minutes, chasing shadows for 70 minutes will eventually tell.

I agree that sometimes Spain could use the ball a bit quicker, and I think Xabi Alonso is overkill in the midfield. Cesc on for Xabi Alonso would give them more impetus in the final third.
    I think the chasing shadows thing is overplayed, it wasn't like Spain were running out 3/4 nil winners in the World Cup. They'd just create a chance at some point purely because of their quality.

Barcelona do run teams ragged a bit more because they're more aggressive, commit defenders more etc.

1-0 up heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Ramos should have been sent off for that.
    No coincidence he plays his club football for Mourinho.

Cesc should've surely had a crack himself rather than squaring it? Parker did so well.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Cesc should've surely had a crack himself rather than squaring it? Parker did so well.
    Yep. Also looked like contact from Barry there in the penalty area. Stupid.

England just hoofing the ball every time they get it.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information