• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to Euro 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm that was a bit gormless from Zamora.

Ireland 1-0 up on the night, well on their way to completing their formalities. Had the near-mandatory sitter missed by Robbie Keane.

Eds

International Debutant
Own goal for sure. Let's just hope Barry doesn't claim England's 2000th goal.

Scaly piscine

And finally a decent ball into the box (from Downing unsurprisingly given the personnel out there tonight), one-nil England.

Agree with it being an og

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Eeeuuw. Gareth Barry scoring the 2000th England goal. Like Saj Mahmood taking the 5000th test wicket.

Sweden don't look very good either.

Wonder how we'll contrive not to win this one.

Scaly piscine

Defending isn't too clever off the dead ball situations so far.

As usual Andy *****end only comments on Downing's crappish delivery and glosses over the one for the goal and the decent corner(s) he's hit. He's the exact opposite if it's someone he likes.

Eds

International Debutant
Rodwell's header had exactly the same direction as Barry's. He was expecting the defender IMO.

grecian

Downing MOM, so far for me. Not a bad performance apart from the finishing, nice to see new faces, Rodwell and Walker look good too.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Christ. I think England's keeping jerseys are designed to make the opposition forwards feel nauseous or some such by the looks of it.

It is good to see new faces and some not so new faces too, whether Capello will revert to type in Euro2012 is another matter. For me the players on merit in the middle of midfield would be Parker, Jones and Wilshere. Barry at a push. But it seems inevitable we'll get stuck with Lampard or Gerrard, if not both.

grecian

Christ. I think England's keeping jerseys are designed to make the opposition forwards feel nauseous or some such by the looks of it.

It is good to see new faces and some not so new faces too, whether Capello will revert to type in Euro2012 is another matter. For me the players on merit in the middle of midfield would be Parker, Jones and Wilshere. Barry at a push. But it seems inevitable we'll get stuck with Lampard or Gerrard, if not both.
Nah to Jones, not ready yet, gave away a terrible free-kick in the first-half. Makes some good runs, but shows little quality at the end. Don't mind one of Lump or Gerard playing, as long as they don't play both.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
On a slightly related note. Getting pretty sick of players like Zamora and Bent coming out and saying how they feel like they're "on trial" when they play for England as if it's somehow unreasonable. Surely that's the whole idea of games like these.

grecian

On a slightly related note. Getting pretty sick of players like Zamora and Bent coming out and saying how they feel like they're "on trial" when they play for England as if it's somehow unreasonable. Surely that's the whole idea of games like these.
Agreed, score a ****ing goal and stop whining, always been thus though, fringe players whinging.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If they really wanted to make a statement then they should opt for the Gazza/Hoddle/Hotel Room approach, frankly.

Scaly piscine

Nah to Jones, not ready yet, gave away a terrible free-kick in the first-half. Makes some good runs, but shows little quality at the end. Don't mind one of Lump or Gerard playing, as long as they don't play both.
That wasn't a free kick anyway and he shows plenty of quality, obviously he's not consistent with it yet but I'm sure another 7-8 months at Manure will help him a lot anyway. I'm not sure who else would play that holding role, could only really see Parker doing it.

grecian

That wasn't a free kick anyway and he shows plenty of quality, obviously he's not consistent with it yet but I'm sure another 7-8 months at Manure will help him a lot anyway. I'm not sure who else would play that holding role, could only really see Parker doing it.
Well you've got Parker in the side, Milner has the best delivery of our Mids, he deserves to play as well. Ahead of a guy who doesn't play in mid-field for his club anyway.