Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Road to Euro 2012

Oh and I actually looked at the rules and away goals do count in the head to head, so a score draw against Montenegro puts England through. Montenegro would need a net gain of 9 goal difference on England if it's 0-0 to pull level. So yea Montenegro have to beat England basically and match England's result with Wales.

Just in case anyone wanted an accurate run-down before some ****wit calls Wales a must-win game or some such then goes on about how complicated the situation is for their own feeble mind to comprehend.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 03-09-2011 at 10:34 AM.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Scotland

They will be doing their usual trick in the tournamant then, supporting whoever England play as they won't be there themselves as they are ****.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    The sound of Pat Nevin moaning about how that penalty decision is the sole reason they've been knocked out was amusing I must say.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Oh and I actually looked at the rules and away goals do count in the head to head, so a score draw against Montenegro puts England through. Montenegro would need a net gain of 9 goal difference on England if it's 0-0 to pull level. So yea Montenegro have to beat England basically and match England's result with Wales.

Just in case anyone wanted an accurate run-down before some ****wit calls Wales a must-win game or some such then goes on about how complicated the situation is for their own feeble mind to comprehend.
    Just adding to this that England would be still highly likely to automatically qualify (best runners-up) if they beat Wales and lost to Montenegro. I think only Sweden could finish above England (barring some massive goal difference swings), Sweden would have to beat Finland away and Netherlands at home along with a freebie against San Marino.

Edit: Suppose someone in Group H could do it too with the right permutation of results.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 06-09-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post

Edit: Suppose someone in Group H could do it too with the right permutation of results.
    It's a **** group, so no doubt it will provide the best runner-up...
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Grrr hit the ****ing ball when you're 20-25 yards out you shaven ape. Might score 1 in a 10,000 chipping it like that - when the keeper gets dizzy and palms it into the net.

Milner gets a dumb yellow. Can we take him off now? He's a hard worker in the gym, training etc. but just isn't very good.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 06-09-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Also love how when Ashley Young knocks a ball into the middle and there's no-one there it's a "searching cross", but when Downing does it it's "the ball's not good enough". The difference between TMS and football commentary is just incredible. This lot simply cannot just commentate on the game without constantly reminding you of their bias.

Anyway this formation is rather too negative without someone pacy to make runs beyond the back line. Young and Downing do it to an extent, although more out wide. But at best there'll be Rooney in the box if it's a remotely quick break and there's a decent position. There needs to be more pace in central midfield anyway because England still have this thing of randomly getting caught 4 on 4 or other even/worse men breaks from a couple of simple passes. They get away with it in these games, but not against good teams. An extra player coming back to cover makes all the difference.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Norn Iron One...Four? To Estonia?

Also Slovakia's fall from grace deserves mention. Beat Italy a year ago and now fall 0-4 to Armenia.

Norway showed why they don't deserve a place at the Euros, at least. But with a fluky draw and expansion we should make it to Euro 2016.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    We were crap but won. Press will probably slaughter them tomorrow.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Recall Marc bagging Australian posters for being happy about beating Wales not that long ago.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Recall Marc bagging Australian posters for being happy about beating Wales not that long ago.
    We're not exactly decking the streets with bunting here, tbf.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    So we'd have to pay Spurs 15 mill, on top of his wages. Oh gawd what a nightmare.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Shambles
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information