• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to Euro 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Football's played over 90 minutes, chasing shadows for 70 minutes will eventually tell.

I agree that sometimes Spain could use the ball a bit quicker, and I think Xabi Alonso is overkill in the midfield. Cesc on for Xabi Alonso would give them more impetus in the final third.
I think the chasing shadows thing is overplayed, it wasn't like Spain were running out 3/4 nil winners in the World Cup. They'd just create a chance at some point purely because of their quality.

Barcelona do run teams ragged a bit more because they're more aggressive, commit defenders more etc.

1-0 up heh.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well, feck me. Worst 1-0 win ever?

Proof positive that Jagielka with a broken toe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>captain racist if nothing else.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Were I English I'd be delighted at how the team performed without the ball. That's the major positive from tonight's performance.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Also Adam Johnson absent again. He's a different class to guys like Walcott and Milner. There's no substitute for class at international level.
If he's really so much better then he'd show it in the Premier League. Personally I am a big fan of his, but he doesn't deserve to be a starter at the moment and it won't change till he shows he can use the talent on the pitch.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well, feck me. Worst 1-0 win ever?

Proof positive that Jagielka with a broken toe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>captain racist if nothing else.
The worst aspect of last night was definitely Terry's smug, ****-eating grin everytime they cut to the bench.

I can't be the only person who wishes the FA had told FIFA to ram it over the poppy issue?

Scaly piscine

If he's really so much better then he'd show it in the Premier League. Personally I am a big fan of his, but he doesn't deserve to be a starter at the moment and it won't change till he shows he can use the talent on the pitch.
He does show it in the pathetic number of minutes Mancini allows him, he scored 4 goals in 5 appearances last month, starting in 4 of the games then ended up being demoted to sub.

Somehow he's ended up behind Downing and Milner in the pecking order. It's ridiculous.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worst thing that could have happened. The press will now hype up the fans into a frenzy next summer and then wonder what went wrong when we fail miserably.

FTR Jagielka has been better than Terry for a couple of years now. Him and Lescott work as a partnership, showed it before and were very good last night. Would rather go in with them than pick Terry myself.

grecian

Worst thing that could have happened. The press will now hype up the fans into a frenzy next summer and then wonder what went wrong when we fail miserably.

FTR Jagielka has been better than Terry for a couple of years now. Him and Lescott work as a partnership, showed it before and were very good last night. Would rather go in with them than pick Terry myself.
The press aren't going too mental, they have a clear anti-Fabio, pro-Harry agenda. Alan Green on radio 5 and Saggers and Quinn on Talk****e, have given no credit whatsoever to this result. My Danny Baker quote is atypical of a lot of it.

Highly amusing that they're still plugging a crooked crock, really. Surely they can see there are many reasons he can't manage England.

Oh and I've been saying for ages Terry is ****e. I was never that big a fan at his height of his career. his pace is often shown up at International level, and his distribution is poor.

flibbertyjibber

The press aren't going too mental, they have a clear anti-Fabio, pro-Harry agenda. Alan Green on radio 5 and Saggers and Quinn on Talk****e, have given no credit whatsoever to this result. My Danny Baker quote is atypical of a lot of it.

Highly amusing that they're still plugging a crooked crock, really. Surely they can see there are many reasons he can't manage England.

Oh and I've been saying for ages Terry is ****e. I was never that big a fan at his height of his career. his pace is often shown up at International level, and his distribution is poor.

The Pro Arry agenda boys may have to change their tune if he is found guilty in the trial next year.

The press won't go overboard now, but wait till May when they start the real build up. We beat Spain without Rooney, we can do it etc... It will happen, always does.

Uppercut

So excited about seeing a major tournament with Ireland involved :). It's been so, so long.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, the Horse Abuser (Quinn) was ****ed by that result as he goes against Talk****e’s clear agenda and he wanted England to get a hiding when I was listening on Friday as Manure’s Phil Jones was playing instead of some **** from Liverpool.

I haven't even bothered to tune-in since the result. No go zone.

Uppercut

Appaz if we're drawn in a group with Portugal, Italy and Greece it'll be known as the Group of Debt.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He does show it in the pathetic number of minutes Mancini allows him, he scored 4 goals in 5 appearances last month, starting in 4 of the games then ended up being demoted to sub.
He also can't cross, doesn't track back and defend (unlike Milner, and that's what we need with our open attacking style of play) and turns the ball over nearly every time he touches it. He's a talented player and I'm a big fan but you're conveniently ignoring why he's not in our starting 11.