• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

June 17 England vs Switzerland, France vs Croatia

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil's been sharing Liam's "stuff"

everyone knows that England will concede 2 in injury time!

Craig

World Traveller
Even then 26-2 is still a trashing!

Hopefully Sven does not make that blunder in taking off Rooney for Heskey like he did in the France match.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Hopefully Sven does not make that blunder in taking off Rooney for Heskey like he did in the France match.

I could see his logic - he wanted to have the best chance of finishing the game with 11 men

Craig

World Traveller
Yet it didn't work.

Really, Rooney, Beckham, King, and I guess Ashley Cole were England's better players.

For the match I would say Terry (if fit) will come in for King, and the same side v France.

Craig

World Traveller
Well I must say Thierry Henry and David Trezeguet have gone missing for about the majority of this tournament (in saying that Henry will get a hat-trick v Switzerland).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Well I must say Thierry Henry and David Trezeguet have gone missing for about the majority of this tournament (in saying that Henry will get a hat-trick v Switzerland).
Henry has been a major disappointment - without Zidane, the French could have pretty well been out of the tournament by now.

Early days.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
damn france have been lucky so far, trezeguets goal should not have been allowed, had that occured and they lost to england like they should have, they would be gone from the tournamet, instead, they only need a draw against switerland and they will probably go on and win the tournament now.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
broncoman said:
damn france have been lucky so far, trezeguets goal should not have been allowed, had that occured and they lost to england like they should have, they would be gone from the tournamet, instead, they only need a draw against switerland and they will probably go on and win the tournament now.
Saying that, though, When Henry burst through on his own and the linesman flagged for offside (10 minutes from the end), he seemed certain to score.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
What did people think of England's 3-0 win over Switzerland?
I thought they were quite, quite awful until the second-half substitutions, then they were rampant.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
WHO CARES BOUT THAT!! man we were soooooooo close... stupid bad ref calls... ah well now we`ll beat england :blink: :wacko: :blink:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
WHO CARES BOUT THAT!! man we were soooooooo close... stupid bad ref calls... ah well now we`ll beat england :blink: :wacko: :blink:
Oh, right.

There's a HUGE Croatian population in Oz, I understand.

A few years ago, when Igor and Ace played for Derby, I think I'd have been rooting for them too.

ash chaulk

International Captain
england 3 switzland 0
croatia 2 france 2

i think rooney will score 2

and there will be a contoversial goal in the frog croat game