• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is Going to Win Euro 2004

Whos gonna win this thing!!!

• Spain (Group A)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greece (Group A)

• Russia (Group A)

• Switzerland (Group B)

• Denmark (Group C)

• Bulgaria (Group C)

• Latvia (Group D)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
If your picking a striker to play left wing, show's tome the lack of depth of left sided midfielders.

Maybe if Alan Thompson played in the Premiership instead of Celtic, he might have been in the team.

And before you say something, this is his natural position.
Maybe if Alan Thompson was actually any good, he would.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
If your picking a striker to play left wing, show's tome the lack of depth of left sided midfielders.
Talk about stating the obvious - we've only known about our lack of left-sided players since John Barnes retired...

Craig said:
Maybe if Alan Thompson played in the Premiership instead of Celtic, he might have been in the team.
He was never good enough for the Premiership - hence the list of clubs he's played for...

Craig said:
And before you say something, this is his natural position.
I know full well that that's his natural position. I also know that he isn't that good a player so shouldn't come near the team.

PY

International Coach
bugssy said:
i tip netherlands and dravids player of the tournament
Won't he be playing for India? ;) :p

I take it you mean Davids? Not sure whether he is in favour with the manager at the moment.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Won't he be playing for India? ;) :p

I take it you mean Davids? Not sure whether he is in favour with the manager at the moment.

um pmsl yer edgar davids lol

he better be playing! :D

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hes not guaranteed, with guys like robben, sneijder, van der vaart all in favour and davids not playing a lot of club football....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He has been playing club football though - inspired Barcelona to the runners-up spot from nowhere.

Meanwhile, on the subject of Holland, van Bommel is out through injury and his replacement is a major joke - Bosvelt (of Man Citeh!)

Cloete

International Captain
I've gone for the Netherlands. Too hard to go past a team with the lieks of Van Der Meyde, Van Der Vaart and Robben combined with Van Bommel, Stam, Kluivert and RVN! They have a great mix of players and I can't really see anyone beating them if they play well! Defence might be a bit thin out wide though, so they'll most likely be playing Van Der Meyde and Robben on the wings probably rushing back to help out as much as possible in defence!

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
He was never good enough for the Premiership - hence the list of clubs he's played for
So Christian Vieri has played for quite a lot of Serie A and Serie B clubs (whay division they are playing now), does that mean he isn't good enough for the Serie A (with the obvious exception of Aletico Madrid)?

Club's Christian Vieri has played for

And as for the Heskey defenders (ie Marc, Neil), I'm going to ask you this: If Owen has a bad tournament or get's injured, you have Rooney, Heskey and Vassell left, and it's a bit much to go and place the hope's and expectation's on an 18 yr old's shoulder's, do you really have much faith in people like Vassell and Heskey to be your most potent goal scorer's and of international quality?

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
hes not guaranteed, with guys like robben, sneijder, van der vaart all in favour and davids not playing a lot of club football....
And there is a good chance he will be playing for Inter next season (Or Juan ****e Veron).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
Van Bommel, Stam, Kluivert and RVN!

Van Bommel = injured

They only play one of Kluivert and van Nistelrooy - if they have any sense it'll be Kluivert.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
So Christian Vieri has played for quite a lot of Serie A and Serie B clubs (whay division they are playing now), does that mean he isn't good enough for the Serie A (with the obvious exception of Aletico Madrid)?

Thompson has only played for rubbish Premeirship clubs though 8-)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Well he surely can't be any worse then Owen Hargreaves, Keiron Dyer et al.

Which is why they're regularly playing in top European leagues for top clubs and Thompson is at Celtic...

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Thompson has only played for rubbish Premeirship clubs though 8-)
Yes and some of the club's Vieri's played for are excatly that, rubbish.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Which is why they're regularly playing in top European leagues for top clubs and Thompson is at Celtic...
Just because you play for a top club doesn't make world class or very good.

Hell I can name you quite a few of sub standard player's playing for Inter.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Van Bommel = injured

They only play one of Kluivert and van Nistelrooy - if they have any sense it'll be Kluivert.
Why not?

Scoring over 100 goal's in three season's at a club can't make you that bad of a player.

Heck they all can't be penalties, or six yarder's surely?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Yes and some of the club's Vieri's played for are excatly that, rubbish.

The thing is, all of Thompson's are the comparison is irrelevant. Not many players start at big clubs and play exclusively for big clubs. 8-)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Just because you play for a top club doesn't make world class or very good.
But if he were really that good, why isn't he playing in a good league?

Scotland's league is dire, and he's doing well there, but when he played in England, no big club wanted him and the national side were never interested in him - so what makes you think he should be there?

Craig said:
Hell I can name you quite a few of sub standard player's playing for Inter.
Every club has sub-standard players, but again that is not the point.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Why not?

Scoring over 100 goal's in three season's at a club can't make you that bad of a player.

Heck they all can't be penalties, or six yarder's surely?

No, but the main reason he scores so many is because the way Manure is set up he gets a lot of chances (and therefore the one's he misses - of which there are atually a large number - are overshadowed by the ones he scores)