• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hurricane/Wayne - Fizzing at the Bung

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah **** been away for a while, looks like a good team though.

When do we have to decide pitch conditions by or is this only in the middle of being integrated?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I've submitted it officially. If you think it is screamingly wrong you can make a case for hat you think it should be changed to. But would like to close the issue as we have been batting it around for a while.

7 pace
3 movement
5 spin

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm happy with that. We seem to have a few pacemen knocking about, I can't really complain.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
FATB C.C. v Honey Badgers One Day match

At the Bung? If so we are Pace 7, Spin 5 and Movement 3

Team

OD line up
Wayne (wk/vc)
Furball 6* (Dan you can decide if you want to give him a go as the 6th bowler or just use 5 bowlers)
Turb
Hurricane (c)
Shriram
La Brooy
Lewis 5
Wisney 3
Yamadera 2
Beaver 4
Heef 1

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well I think we picked the wrong pitch setting - the general consensus was by picking 7 for pace the ball would come on to the bat and by picking 3 for movement the seamers would only have average success. Instead the sim just seems to rewards pace bowlers.

We will have to adjust our selection strategy for home games. May need to involve CPR after his 80 in the 20 20.

Question to DJ Jellet - can you make a post about run outs. Specifically is it related to how good a player you are or does every batsman have the same chance of being run out every game. We have had lots of run outs it seems.

Tkpizzle

Cricket Spectator
I'm leaning towards it being an anomaly. It wasn't our day and we couldn't handle the new ball in the fastie's hands and we never recovered after those 4 wickets were lost. I don't think the fasties will murder everyone in every game under those conditions. Hopefully we can bounce back in the next one.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
As a general rule pace supports fast bowlers and movement support medium pace bowlers. Having less movement doesn't mean fast bowlers are less effective. Generally though in vc4 the quality of different players has more value then pitch conditions. Pitch conditions are more about team balance for the 50/50 selections. If u have a gun quick they can still generally out play an average spinner on turning deck and vis versa.

Also in vc4 you do get random blow outs like that game. I've had team of 6 50 plus batsmen get rolled for under a 100 by a team of 30 odd bowlers. vc4 better at long term consistent performances then short series. It also better at simming 4 day games well then one day matches.

Run out are random to an extent but they have greater value on the quality of the bowling attack from my experiences.

I would say that was a one off, then something worry about. If it happens consistently in FC cricket I would worry about it.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
We've brought an extra batsman in given our britleness. Noble one forces his way into the FC team and will compete with Wisney throughout the year for 3rd seamer position.
Had to drop a spinner and kept Beaver.

All of our batsman are on notice to perform - if they all keep dogging it an allrounder may come in for one of them.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Legends XI didn't bowl well in the one dayer. Potential for our batsmen to play well in the first class match.

Noble One

Thoughts on our first class game?

Given an additional 15 overs we may have won the game, hence significant changes shouldn't be required.

Perhaps an all-rounder could come in. I don't wish to blame our VC, however he didn't bowl any overs as the 5th bowler and contributed 12 and 0 with the bat.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
T20 line up
CPR (wk)
Furball
Narang 6
Loganathan 1
Shriram
Hurricane (c)
Wayne (vc)
Lewis 3
Wisney 4
Yamadera 2
Hit 5

Posting this in case DJ made an oversight in the T20 draw.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Thoughts on our first class game?

Given an additional 15 overs we may have won the game, hence significant changes shouldn't be required.

Perhaps an all-rounder could come in. I don't wish to blame our VC, however he didn't bowl any overs as the 5th bowler and contributed 12 and 0 with the bat.
Hit and Heef need to do better really - Beaver surprisingly quiet in the wicket column.

That said I don't really know how good the opposition was - so perhaps restricting them to 300 in the 1st dig was good.

How has Dan gone in the T20 and OD match?

Noble One

6 (6) in the T20.
9 (18) in the OD.

Hoping it's a lack of training in the off-season rather than a major technical problem.