• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hurricane/Wayne - Fizzing at the Bung

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
OK Dan has given his input especially into the T20 line up here they are. Bare in mind we needed to give everyone game time. Most of you are in at least two formats. Some of you are just in the T20 format. For those who want candid discussion behind the selection criteria please visit the quick topic and ask your questions and I will give honest replies.

FC line up
Wayne (wk/vc)
Furball
Turb
Hurricane (c)
Shriram
La Brooy
Lewis 5
Wisney 3
Beaver 4
Heef 2
Hit 1

OD line up
Wayne (wk/vc)
Furball 6* (if his bowling holds up in the 1st game or we will just use 5 bowlers)
Turb
Hurricane (c)
Shriram
La Brooy
Lewis 5
Wisney 3
Yamadera 2
Beaver 4
Heef 1

T20 line up
CPR (wk)
Furball
Narang 6
Loganathan 1
Shriram
Hurricane (c)
Wayne (vc) 7 (may get a bowl some games to make use of his bowling attributes)
Wisney 4
Yamadera 2
Beaver 3
Hit 5

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
And make it a bunsen. Spinners will be fizzing at the bung to fizz at The Bung.
Seconded. 9 spin, 5 pace, 1 movement IMO.
I'm happy to play the medium pace role supporting a spin heavy pitch/attack.

10 spin, 3 pace, 2 movement.
OK a spinners pitch it will be - I am just going to wait a short time to allow Heef or Gelmatron our pace bowlers to come online in case they want to influence the final allocation of points.

If they don't post in the next hour then we will make a call and go with a bunsen.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Selected XI in all formats looks fine.

Depending how we travel with the bat, Loganathan could replace Beaver in the FC line up.

Lewis, Wisney, Beaver, Heef, and Hit is a weak tail.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Selected XI in all formats looks fine.

Depending how we travel with the bat, Loganathan could replace Beaver in the FC line up.

Lewis, Wisney, Beaver, Heef, and Hit is a weak tail.
Lewis is quite good.

So Tail would start at Wisney who has 25 batting points.

Point noted however. Good suggestion.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lewis is quite good.

So Tail would start at Wisney who has 25 batting points.

Point noted however. Good suggestion.

40 batting points probably does make me one spot too high at 7 really, especially without a strong lower order to follow; we'll see how it goes though.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
40 batting points probably does make me one spot too high at 7 really, especially without a strong lower order to follow; we'll see how it goes though.
Exactly my point. We will see how things pan out, makes our current bowling attack very strong. Chris Lewis is a good simming name given your point allocation. Potential liability at #7, however a fantastic choice at #8.

FATB to get this started now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Exactly my point. We will see how things pan out, makes our current bowling attack very strong. Chris Lewis is a good simming name given your point allocation. Potential liability at #7, however a fantastic choice at #8.

FATB to get this started now.
Haha it's basically my alias whenever I need a fake name for something. Without going into too much detail, my real-life name was pretty close to actually becoming that before I was born, so it seemed logical to me.

But yeah, the whole talented bits and pieces cricketer who the selectors use to turn a strength into a weakness thing does make the name very apt. Hopefully I perform closer to my potential than my namesake though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Feeling a bit embraced about being picked up 2nd last. Oh well looks like a good balance side to be part off. Hopefully I get a few games here and there.

I recognise a few of players, but what is everyone forum name?
Each player in the team forms a piece of the jigsaw puzzle in the team and if you read this thread you will see that your player is being discussed.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OK a spinners pitch it will be - I am just going to wait a short time to allow Heef or Gelmatron our pace bowlers to come online in case they want to influence the final allocation of points.
Allocate based on the overall number of bowlers. If spinners are more numerous for us, but less numerous for other teams then by all means go for a spinning track. Don't set the pitch to the strengths of the other teams though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I only suggested a bunsen so I could make a fizz pun; I don't actually know enough about the balance of all the non-us sides to seriously comment.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I like the idea of bunsen, as it means i'll get more game time. Though with two top line seamers, I would still have a bit of pace. Also with a 4 100 batsmen I wouldn't make our pitch too bowler friendly.
- 6 spin
- 0 movement
- 4 pace

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I only suggested a bunsen so I could make a fizz pun; I don't actually know enough about the balance of all the non-us sides to seriously comment.
Well the top performing spinner is Sriram and I can't remember who's team he is on but he isn't on ours he is a leggie. There is also Himanv who listed himself as 100 for bowling spin. So the other teams have spinners. And because they have 15 players each I am confident they will each have a second part time spinner as well.

Our best spinner is Hairy Beaver ably supported by PEWS and Loganathan is an unknown as he didn't play any warm up games iirc but he has 70 bowling points.

Tkpizzle

Cricket Spectator
Everything looking good here. Quite surprised I got drafted before some prominent CW names but I guess that's due to fact that there weren't a lot of pure bats going around. Anyway, looking forward to seeing this get started. FATB indeed.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Everything looking good here. Quite surprised I got drafted before some prominent CW names but I guess that's due to fact that there weren't a lot of pure bats going around. Anyway, looking forward to seeing this get started. FATB indeed.
Welcome TKP