• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Details?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can someone release an official announcement on what has been happening and what will happen to the Cricket Web XI and Cricket Web Development league. I, for one, have been trying to keep track of everything that has been happening - rebel tours, selections problems, elections, players association, but I am a little confused on what is actually happening. It would be nice if someone can clear all of it up and make sure that nobody is confused please?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The best place to express this would be in the PA forum though.

Regardless, I shall do my best to explain.

Some key members of the CW XI and CW A and B teams were upset by certain controversial selections by the CWBCC. As such, in an attempt of protest they went AWOL from service in Australia in order to tour South Africa.

Since then negotiations have gone through and everyone is on friendly terms again with the new situation established well.

The CWBCC consists of Reuben (lord of darkness) and Liam (me - Mr Mxyzptlk.

The Selection Panel consists of one member of the CWBCC - the CEO (Liam - me), a PA rep. (Samuel Vimes), a non-player (Andre) and TBT rep. (Master Blaster). The captain, who is currently being picked by the Panel, will also have a say in selections, casting a tie-breaking vote if necessaring.

The current agenda of the selection panel is as follows:

1/ Select the new CW XI captain
2/ Determine CW 'A' and 'B' squads
3/ Select the Test squad to New Zealand
4/ Select the ODI squad to New Zealand

Hope that helps.

PY

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Some key members of the CW XI and CW A and B teams were upset by certain controversial selections by the CWBCC. As such, in an attempt of protest they went AWOL from service in Australia in order to tour South Africa.

Since then negotiations have gone through and everyone is on friendly terms again with the new situation established well.

The CWBCC consists of Reuben (lord of darkness) and Liam (me - Mr Mxyzptlk.

The Selection Panel consists of one member of the CWBCC - the CEO (Liam - me), a PA rep. (Samuel Vimes), a non-player (Andre) and TBT rep. (Master Blaster). The captain, who is currently being picked by the Panel, will also have a say in selections, casting a tie-breaking vote if necessaring.

Hope that helps.
Very helpful as I myself was also confused. :)

Would it be possible to stick this version into PA as a topped thread? Locked of course.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Some key members of the CW XI and CW A and B teams were

Hope that helps.

so when do the cw a and b teams and the n/z tour teams get announced

as we do have a captain

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The jury is still out on the CW 'A' and 'B' teams. After that the CW XI touring party will be named. All in all it should be done by Saturday.