• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Was asked to coach Japiur, but didn't want to work with a 2nd rate spinner. He just wasn't in the Pickup class.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Might aswell ask this in here, saves starting a new thread. How do I go about tapping up some gullable county side to take me on for the off season? Obviously if no one will take us i'll chuck me hat in for the Indian tin pot league, but would rather try and get some decent cricket in (well, half decent if i end up at Derbyshire)
Generally, counties are interested in those who have shown consistent performance over a number of years. One season averaging 23...might not be quite enough.

H Mørk jr. never had a soul, btw. Still interested.

cpr

International Coach
Generally, counties are interested in those who have shown consistent performance over a number of years. One season averaging 23...might not be quite enough.
Even Derbyshire have that high a standard? Guessing theres other off season oppertunities for us poorer players? Quite fancy a few months in the Kenyan leagues.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Even Derbyshire have that high a standard? Guessing theres other off season oppertunities for us poorer players? Quite fancy a few months in the Kenyan leagues.
Yup, USA and Trinidad/Tobago have been on offer in previous seasons. Probably not Kenya though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Would prefer a County Contract if offered, but will list my name here for sure. Pretty sure my 20/20 stats are gun. :D

NL Patrick.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
In other news, no IPL for Demeza.

Only Thomas is a worse short form bowler and don't want any form of backlash for possible clashing with offseason FC cricket in Australia :)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
In other news, no IPL for Demeza.

Only Thomas is a worse short form bowler and don't want any form of backlash for possible clashing with offseason FC cricket in Australia :)
I am poor in List A, but my T20 record for Victoria speaks for itself. I am Cricketweb's Mark Gillespie :cool:

Should point out my loyalty in regards to off-season is Victoria first, IPL second.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Not putting my name in the hat. Would rather make myself available for the entire offseason to increase my chances of getting a county contract. Quality over quantity.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW XI players go in Fourth Round Auction

Cricket Web players were included for the first time in the third round of IPL auctions. Of a pool of 25 players, there were 12 CW players and unsurprisingly, three CW XI one-day international regulars attracted the highest bids. Fast bowler Kev Gough, allrounder Liam Camps jr. and wicketkeeper Alex Crampton each went at US$500,000.

Next best was fast bowler Xavier Rose, who was bought for US$350,000. However, the bargain of the round may turn out to be Cricket Web Black captain Dan Smith. The established batsman enjoyed a breakthrough season with the ball in one-day cricket, and will look to apply such new-found skills to his stint in the IPL. Afterwards Smith expressed disappointment at attracting a lower price than West Indies Dwayne Smith, who was signed for US£310,000.

Breakdown
LA Camps - US$500,000 (Chennai)
AJ Crampton - US$500,000 (Chennai)
KJ Gough - US$500,000 (Delhi)
XPA Rose - US$350,000 (Rajasthan)
DR Smith - US$310,000 (Delhi)
NG Scott - US$300,000 (Delhi)
PE Young - US$300,000 (Mumbai)
DP Smith - US$250,000 (Mohali)
SO Tikolo - US$200,000 (Hyderabad)
JR Gray - US$150,000 (Kolkata)
GP Swann - US$150,000 (Mohali)