• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inactive Players (Season XIII)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The following players have been deemed inactive at the halfway stage of the season, having not posted for more than 2 weeks in the Dev League forum:

GM Roberts (Black)
M Shah (Blue)
BS Read (Green)
DW Pares (Colts)
MU Amir (Red)
JJD Heads (Red)

However, they receive soft warning, as per the new CWBCC ruling on inactivity. It is as follows:

1. CWBCC releases the names of inactive players after each quarter. They will be deemed "casually inactive".
2. The captains are asked not to play those players. Should they comply, the players would suffer no immediate loss of skill, as they would not be officially deemed inactive by the CWBCC.
3. If the captain selects a "casually inactive" player, the player will be immediately made officially inactive by the CWBCC and suffer the relevant loss of skill.
4. If a player does not become active a half after he/she is deemed "casually inactive", he/she will be deemed officially inactive and suffer the relevant loss of skill.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
What if, say, during the internationals, one of our batsmen gets injured and Speirs is the only one left, can I pick him without risk or am I forced to pick a bowler to bat in his position?

Also, does this include the game to be simmed tonight? And I assume Arnold isn't counted anymore?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If a player posts after say 48 hours or so of being listed as casually inactive they can play again, right? I thought that was the old rule, worked quite well IMO.

Loony BoB

International Captain
What if they start posting again? Are they immediately deemed active once more, or do we have to wait for the next quarter?

Not too sure I'm keen on this ruling but we'll see how it goes... it's also notable that I haven't had any response by the CWBCC regarding the email I sent to do with the U-19's panel. It would be nice if we could actually promote activity by giving more people responsibility. Encouragement and opportunity will go much further than punishment.

Mr Mxyzptlk

What if, say, during the internationals, one of our batsmen gets injured and Speirs is the only one left, can I pick him without risk or am I forced to pick a bowler to bat in his position?

Also, does this include the game to be simmed tonight? And I assume Arnold isn't counted anymore?
1. In that instance the CWBCC would reconsider the situation.
2. The games simmed are before the inactivity check. Inactivity is judged as the end of the first half.
3. Arnold is now active again. No skill loss.

Mr Mxyzptlk

What if they start posting again? Are they immediately deemed active once more, or do we have to wait for the next quarter?
Immediately active.
Not too sure I'm keen on this ruling but we'll see how it goes...
The point of the ruling is to not reward inactive players with game time, and to not punish them with skill loss unless it's an extreme case of inactivity.
it's also notable that I haven't had any response by the CWBCC regarding the email I sent to do with the U-19's panel. It would be nice if we could actually promote activity by giving more people responsibility. Encouragement and opportunity will go much further than punishment.
Don't think I got that email. Forward it please.

Loony BoB

International Captain
It was a while back. :p I'll dig it up and send again. EDIT: Sent.

And so long as players are immediately deemed active should they post then I'm fine, yeah.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Nice move Liam and Co to step down on all the activity, more chances for players who don't get that much opportunity.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Are Pares and Heads still classed as inactivity? Also was there ever an official ruling on the Su/Jaso suspension?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Kexing Su was banned permanently (ICL) and Shan Jasotharan is undergoing a suspension for a punch-up in Casston. His suspension was a month long, so he has 2-3 more weeks on it.

Pares and Heads are indeed still inactive.