• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player's Association Representative (Start: Season XIII) - Final Voting

Who should be the Player's Association Representative?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loony BoB

International Captain
There is now a new election going on for the Player's Association Representative. The person elected will:

• Be responsible for acting on behalf of the Player's Association, which consists of all players involved with the CW Dev League.
  • Be part of the CW XI selection panel, alongside the CW XI captain, the two members of the CWBCC and the CW XI coach.
  • Gather information from PA members in order to accurately pass on their thoughts to the CWBCC and other such organisations when required.
  • Assist in resolving some disputes involving PA members.
  • Ensure that the PA members are aware of their responsibilities.
  • Ensure that the CWBCC provides all information that PA members should be made aware of.
  • Assist the PA members and the CWBCC in improving the standards of CWLand cricket when possible.

...amongst other activities I can't think of right now. I think that covers it, anyway.

There are four stages involved with electing a PA Rep.

1) The nominations, where people nominate and second PA members they believe would be the best candidate(s) for the job.
2) The candidates who have their name seconded have the opportunity to accept or decline the opportunity to be in the running for PA Rep. If any candidate does not want to take on the role please notify everyone by posting in this thread.
3) The initial voting stage, where all candidates still in the running are voted for by the PA members. This is the currently active stage, so please vote in the poll for the person who you believe most fit for the role.
4) The final voting stage, where the leading candidates go head-to-head.

I think that pretty much sums up how the last few elections have gone so I hope that's accurate enough.

Nominations
KJ Gough (seconded)
DP Towns (seconded)
AA Cameron (seconded)
JP McNamara (seconded)
SA Bennett (seconded)
NL Patrick (seconded)
DP Smith

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah - I've nothing against you keeping the job, but I just reckon that it's just fair if you have to win the election. Will wait for word from Liam or Morkel. :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Was there ever an official ruling on whether International players were allowed to run for this positions. I presume it got officially changed due to the fact Towns went on a fair few ODI tours.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I'd nominate Fuller, but he isn't very active around these parts anymore.

Other than that, I second Towns and McNamara.