• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pop quiz v1.1

What is your opinion of the season-long ban for Blackman?

• Total voters

Loony BoB

International Captain
As the poll reads.

Against Blackman: Blackman has abused people on MSN over the past season and has also been known for his general bad behaviour around CWXI. Various members have highlighted this to myself.

For Blackman: Blackman has declared that he will not continue such behaviour now, in Season XII and beyond. He has also apologised for the fact that his behaviour lead towards Hoy leaving CWXI Cricket.

Please can this thread be kept to a simple vote and not a debate - that can carry on here.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Making a new thread just so the poll can be public - what a waste of time.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Not much of a waste when you consider the fact that people can get non-Dev League members to vote Blackman into a much longer or much shorter ban without anyone but James and Rich knowing any better.

PY

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
Not much of a waste when you consider the fact that people can get non-Dev League members to vote Blackman into a much longer or much shorter ban without anyone but James and Rich knowing any better.
The poll is public so non-CWXI people can be discredited?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yeah. I've seen non-players vote beforehand in polls around here. There are probably other benefits to making it public, too, that's just one that came to mind. I trust players aren't at the point that they're paranoid about other people knowing they have a certain opinion on a ban.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I voted for half a season. Still sends out a clear message, but doesn't effectively ruin the kids career.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Robertinho said:
I voted for half a season. Still sends out a clear message, but doesn't effectively ruin the kids career.
i echo this but i thought a quater is long enough

Cloete

International Captain
10 games or so. The kid was dumb and people shouldn't have to put up with it, but at the end of the day it was just banter really. He's changed tbh.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As Ive noted before, I think these polls should have a 'spoilt ballot' option for people like myself that tend not to vote on these issues. It should an option to show people are paying attention to the issue but dont want to vote and would mean a higher %age of the league turns out.

If there is no 'spoilt ballot' option then people will be left out of the numbers. This would mean the proportion of the people taking part in the process will be smaller than it could be and suddenly a poll and opinion is given without knowing all the peoples opinion.

Hope that makes sense.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Just had the point made to me on MSN that a quarter of a season and 10 games are more or less the same, and in fact a quarter of a season is usually shorter, given there's four one dayers and four FC games in each quarter. Accordingly, I'd like to change my vote to a quarter, and think they should probably be treated as the same vote.