• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Code of Conduct Discussion

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The CWBCC will be instating a new and improved code of conduct to maintain discipline within the system. Nath Patrick will be required to work closely in the process, but this thread kickstarts it.

Please make informed suggestions and to what this new ruling should entail.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
This sounds good.. will add alot of realism to this.

Unfortunately I can't really get what you're asking for, so I can't say any of my ideas, but I will add some input once I know what you're after.. :-O

Mr Mxyzptlk

What should be implemented. Sort of like a 10 commandments for the CW XI, except more than 10 and with specific punishments attached to them.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The CWBCC will be instating a new and improved code of conduct to maintain discipline within the system. Nath Patrick will be required to work closely in the process, but this thread kickstarts it.
Does anyone NOT see the irony? :cool:

Seriously though, it would be great to get your ideas on these. Even if they seem a bit radical, please type up. :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright. I think that if there's a comment made that seems a little inappropriate, there should be some sort of conference between the disciplinary wing of the CWBCC and the respective captain to decide on a punishment. Ultimately the punishment should be from the CWBCC, but the captain should also be able to impose his (or her?) own punishment.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Spamming threads with:

GO [insert team here]!!!!!!

should be strictly forbidden. :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Spamming threads with:

GO [insert team here]!!!!!!

should be strictly forbidden. :p
I disagree. It encourages team morale and is good for competetiveness' sake. Some teams have more enthusiasm, some have less... it's what makes each team unique. You wouldn't want each team to be the same, monotonous borefest, would you?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
I disagree. It encourages team morale and is good for competetiveness' sake. Some teams have more enthusiasm, some have less... it's what makes each team unique. You wouldn't want each team to be the same, monotonous borefest, would you?
There's a difference between spamming and posting. Some people crossed that line on more than a few occasions last season. I won't mention any names... let's just say that one of the offenders' names rhymes with the name of his team. :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
There's a difference between spamming and posting. Some people crossed that line on more than a few occasions last season. I won't mention any names... let's just say that one of the offenders' names rhymes with the name of his team. :p
Loc sort of rhymes with Black... and Dinu De Silva and Blue.. :huh: :ph34r: :(

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well, there should probably at least 3 probably 4 levels. Minor Misdemeanor (sp), Repeated Minor, Misconduct and Serious Misconduct.

Minor misdemeanors could include insubordination, unsportsmanlike comments, spamming. These could also constitute a higher level breach depending on the severity and frequency. More serious misconduct could include attacks on comittee members, calling in to question integrity and match fixing.

Punishment should range from warning, suspended bans, short ban to lengthy bans.

There should be no chance of appeal against a warning, probably not against the suspended ban.

Appeals should be allowed against the bans, with bans over 10 games allowing appeals against length of sentence.

However i would hope itfp that if the misconduct is minor, and involves the dev league then depending on the situation, disciplinary matters could be left to the individual team managment, with the CWBCC reserving the right to act should it not agree with the outcome.

In the first instance the player concerned should be told of the charge he is called for (before this is made public- it may turn out that the only thing made public is the length of the ban and the level of the code breach). In cases of level 2 or above, the player concerned and the PA rep should be allowed to make representations to the disciplinary panel.

thats all i can think of right now

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Some people crossed that line on more than a few occasions last season. I won't mention any names... let's just say that one of the offenders' names rhymes with the name of his team. :p
I actually think I've mellowed down since season 7 :ph34r:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think all teams should vote on a representivet to be part of a disciplinary panel. With four representitives and one member of the board to vote if there is a 2-2 count, there should be no problems. The representitive does not have to be the captain, but someone the team feels will be fair and reasonable. The panel can vote on whether the said player is guilty and suggest a punishment that the Cricket Web Board can then take into advisement and give the penalty.

dinu23

International Debutant
I agree with Richards. The offences committed in the DV league should be handled by the respective team captain. Offences committed at international level should be handled by the CWBCC.

Mr Mxyzptlk

That much power will not be granted to the captain. I like the idea of a disciplinary committee of sorts. They would, of course, act within the guidelines of the CWBCC, but the CWBCC would not be making the ultimate decision.