• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Code of Conduct Discussion

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
I think all teams should vote on a representivet to be part of a disciplinary panel. With four representitives and one member of the board to vote if there is a 2-2 count, there should be no problems. The representitive does not have to be the captain, but someone the team feels will be fair and reasonable. The panel can vote on whether the said player is guilty and suggest a punishment that the Cricket Web Board can then take into advisement and give the penalty.

i was just about to post the same thing.

however that could get abit difficalt for minor things, perhaps the following

to set the origional suspension, Laim, Reuben and Nath (or the CWXI captain if one of the prev is unavaliable, ie being away or similar)

that the panel with a member for each team to hear any appeals.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
umm list of offences...

Harrasment of another player
Verbal abuse of another player and/or the board
Insubordination of the board
Swearing

what else?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it should be clearly defined where such offences are relevant.. I mean, posting in other teams threads? The main dev league thread? What if it's less Dev league and more the actual person :D?

I think it's an alright idea, but need to clarify where these rules apply.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
What happens if the captain is at fault though? :ph34r:
Read my post:

Mister Wright said:
The representitive does not have to be the captain, but someone the team feels will be fair and reasonable.

What I meant is that the representitive should be voted on by the team as a whole. For example, all players from the team are nominated, including the captain. Then each player could state their case in the team's thread, then after a deadline the team have 3 days to a week to decide who they want as their representitive. The player with the most votes becomes the representitive, and the player with the next most is an emergency representitive if the first representitive is unavailable for some reason including because they are facing the disciplinary panel.

Now, that could mean the captain is the representitive or not. Or there could be a rule where the captain is ineligble.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
...waits for someone (Rob, Kenny) to crack a joke about there being back-to-back apologys.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Robertinho said:
*would expect better of Rob Timewell*
I know, that Timewell... he`s such a spammer. He can`t stop posting his profanities `round the place! :@

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
I know, that Timewell... he`s such a spammer. He can`t stop posting his profanities `round the place! :@
He hasn't posted for around 3 weeks, and around 3 weeks between his post before that, and 2 odd weeks between his post before that.

So, Nath, what are you talking about? 8-) :mellow:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Interesting idea.

I like Kyle's idea of having one member from each of the Dev League sides. That's five sides so there shouldn't be a problem with 2-2. I also think that any player involved should have a clean record, as I think it would be detrimental to the panel's integrity if players who are already known for bad behaviour are involved.

As for ideas for what not to do...

Misconduct - Swearing (****)
Misconduct - Streaking (when a player removes his or her clothing in a way unbefitting of a cricketer during a game)
Misconduct - Dishonesty (when a player misleads an umpire or other person of authority in a way which directly or indirectly affects the outcome of one or more cricket matches, or directly or indirectly affects the outcome of a hearing)
Misconduct - Accusation (when a player accuses another player of breaking conduct without justification or any form of evidence)
Harrassment - Incessant Banter (ie, banter is okay, but if someone requests it to stop, it should stop)
Harrassment - Insults (direct attacks, which should not be confused with banter)
Harrassment - Physical (when a player goes to the house of another player and beats them half to death)
Cheating - Matchfixing (when a player secretly affects the result of a match in a way which does not abide with the laws of the game)
Cheating - Sabotage (when a player causes another player or team to be at a disadvantage in a way which does not abide with the laws of the game)
Cheating - Advantageous (when a player causes a player or team to be at an advantage in a way which does not abide with the laws of the game)

Punishments, depending on how serious the breaking of conduct is, could include warnings, match-bans (can last more than one match), season-bans (can last more than one season) and lifetime bans (can last more than one lifetime). It could also be made mandatory in some situations for a private or public apology to be made to officials and/or other players.

Last edited: