Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: PA`s Office (Danger - Do Not Enter)

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Shouldn't the PA rep always be representing the majority of the players?
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    Shouldn't the PA rep always be representing the majority of the players?
    In a sense, but the position is designed to represent the interests of the players as opposed to the interests of the CWBCC. When there's a dispute between an individual player and the board for instance, the role of the PA rep would be to represent the player. A dispute between players would obviously be considered on the merits of the situation, with the aim of reaching an acceptable compromise.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    It is my understanding that I am in no way obligated to represent any individual unless it is seen to be in the larger interests of the PA (the whole of the players). If the majority of players agree with the CWBCC's actions towards an individual, then arguing for the individual would be arguing against the position of the PA, which is not something I will do.

Having said that, if I find the player in question to be taking the correct actions and feel that the PA would be happy with a compromise, I will obviously look to take that option.

It is notable that players have raised to me their approval of the bans and, prior to them being brought about, players were requesting I move for their behavious to be investigated.

There does, however, seem to be a definite split in the opinions between players on this one and I will look to seek a position that can accurately represent the PA, some sort of a compromised opinion.

From what I understand, everyone (or the vast majority) agrees that the bans should have been placed however there are questions over the length by some, although not all. I have discussed this already with some of you on MSN and via email, of course, and welcome others to bug me so when I get home, I can contact you as well.

I have been contacted by one of the individuals and will look to make a statement once I have a better opinion of the majority of players. I seriously encourage people to continue to contact me.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to have been a member of the CW Colts

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I won't bother with the email as I've already made my views clear in public, and I'd rather this was conducted publically and transparently anyway. The bans are completely acceptable, but the punishments are entirely out of line with the established norm, and clearly far too long. Something in the area of 5-10 games would be a serious punishment that was longer than anything the CWBCC has handed out for abuse in the past, but not so unreasonable.

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information