• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PA`s Office (Danger - Do Not Enter)

Hoggy31

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I just got off the phone with Apu, Chaulk's team is play Stedman's team. You're in direct competition with each other FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
Was gonna post that, but you know, I cbf.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Towns:

can you clarify with the board if we can still call other teams losers even if they are losing?

also

do media reports count in any of the types of codes of conduct? eg A made up character bagging another player?

and finally

do all the codes only apply when entering CW Cricket?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ash chaulk said:
Towns:

can you clarify with the board if we can still call other teams losers even if they are losing?
Once it doesn't degenerate into full scale abuse.
ash chaulk said:
do media reports count in any of the types of codes of conduct? eg A made up character bagging another player?
Those situations aren't punishable by CW cricket, but may be punishable by CWLand (ie, if it goes against forum rules).
ash chaulk said:
do all the codes only apply when entering CW Cricket?
Yes. But as said, some actions are against the CW rules anyway.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ash chaulk said:
thanks TOWNS

naa cheers liam
Towns emailed me notifying me of your questions. I decided to answer them in the thread rather than responding directly to his email.

pasag

RTDAS
I'd like the Players Association Representative to have a look into the recent bannings and the severity of the suspensions and to see if there is anything he can do to rectify the situation.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I was indeed consulted at length and presented the thoughts of those players which had raised concerns about the way players were behaving throughout the last season and also the way respect for each other was being lost amongst players.

Having said that, if people are to email me with their thoughts I will be sure to bring it up for discussion with the entirity of the players to come to a conclusion on the PA's view.

Please note, however, that I am the PA Rep, not the rep for individual players, so I need to support the views of the majority or come to compromises which suit both parties should there be a distinct split.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Please note, however, that I am the PA Rep, not the rep for individual players, so I need to support the views of the majority or come to compromises which suit both parties should there be a distinct split.
Bolded the relevant bit. I think this is a pretty clear instance of a "distinct split", and there's an obvious method of compromise in bringing the terms of the suspensions down to a more reasonable level. I too would like to see some action from the PA on this.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Bolded the relevant bit. I think this is a pretty clear instance of a "distinct split", and there's an obvious method of compromise in bringing the terms of the suspensions down to a more reasonable level. I too would like to see some action from the PA on this.
Compared to the initial calls, they've got off very lightly to be honest...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just to clarify, everyone is saying the banning is justified but people have qualms over the length of them.

PY

International Coach
I don't think it's anyone's business to complain except the people themselves surely? I know it's a possible concern in the future for others being out of control but there's simple ways out of that.

And when they have formally complained then due action can be taken.

Loony BoB

International Captain
It is, however, my business to try to get calm and agreement amongst players when possible. Sometimes that might be very impossible but I will still persevere to explore options I and the players have.