• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies U19s in CWLand

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
West Indies Announce Starting XI for 1st YODI

A Barath
KOA Powell
SA Jacobs
DC Thomas (wk)
DM Bravo
SSJ Brooks (c)
SE Thomas
AS Creary
V Permaul
JO Dawes
DE Johnson
12th Man: N Bonner

West Indies have named an unchanged XI for 1st YODI against CricketWeb. Keeper batsmen Devon Thomas is however expected to be given a promotion to No 4, with Jacobs returning to his preferred No 3, dropping Darren Bravo to No 5.

West Indies' quote of day: "I think the days of us (West Indies) struggling to find quality spinners will soon be over. We have three quality spinners in this squad. I don't think they (CricketWeb) even have one. Our spinners will make the difference in this One Day series." Keeper batsmen Devon Thomas discussing where he feels West Indies will have an advantage in the coming 5-match series.

Agent TBY

International Captain
"What's the point of bragging about your spinners before a match at the PDV? It seems there's a team that underestimates just how harsh CW Land is. Do some research, people." said G Sriram, brimming with confidence before his YODI debut. Most of that confidence seems to stem from the fact that he'll be playing on his home turf.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
CricketWeb Announce XI for 1st YODI

R Malone Jnr (7)
MD Luff
BC Fitzsimmons
+BS Read
*ZJ Ritchie (5)
DG Speirs
LA Howgate (6)
BC Donald (2)
G Sriram (3)
JNE Forner (1)
RG Dunn (4)

CricketWeb have made a couple changes to the side that lost to the recent Twenty20 Match. Bosco Fitzsimmons, Liam Howgate and Josh Forner have all been included at the expense of Ashely Arnold, Steven Young and Ethan McNamara.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Powell ton blows away Webheads

Cricket Web Under-19 slumped to a third consecutive defeat, as a Kieron Powell hundred set up a 15-run win for the touring West Indies Under-19. Powell slammed 111 off 144 at the top of the order, and was the central figure in a total of 265-7. Some sloppy fielding toward the end of the innings allowed the visitors to score 37 runs from the final 5 overs, and the additional runs proved crucial.

In their turn at the crease, the Webheads were caught on the backfoot by the aggression of Delorn Johnson. The left-armer tore through the top order with a tight 3-wicket burst. Runs flowed at the other end, where Jason Dawes was erratic, but Johnson did sufficient damage to edge his team ahead. Bosco Fitzsimmons and Daniel Speirs hit 68 apiece and supplied some hope. They put on 137 for the sixth wicket, but when the latter holed out to the deep, the challenge was effectively over. West Indies U-19 managed regular wickets as the required rate escalated, and won by a comfortable 15 runs.

West Indies Under-19 innings 265-7 (50 overs)
KOA Powell 111 (144), DC Thomas 41 (45), A Barath 39 (49)
RG Dunn 3-64 (10), BC Donald 2-47 (10)

Cricket Web Under-19 innings 250 ao (49.6 overs)
DG Speirs 68 (79), BC Fitzsimmons 68 (102), MD Luff 36 (37)
DE Johnson 4-26 (10)

West Indies U-19 won by 15 runs.
Man of the Match: KOA Powell (WI)

Attachments

Last edited:

Simon

bad lucks guys, despite top scoring I'll have to take some of the blame for scoring so slowly.

Mr Mxyzptlk

bad lucks guys, despite top scoring I'll have to take some of the blame for scoring so slowly.
Was a pretty good innings on the whole actually. You came in when the team was in crisis and the run rate was pretty good. I think you played it well, all things considered.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
CricketWeb Announce XI for 1st YODI

R Malone Jnr (7)
MD Luff
BC Fitzsimmons
+BS Read
*ZJ Ritchie (5)
DG Speirs
LA Howgate (6)
BC Donald (2)
G Sriram (3)
JNE Forner (1)
RG Dunn (4)

CricketWeb have made a couple changes to the side that lost to the recent Twenty20 Match. Bosco Fitzsimmons, Liam Howgate and Josh Forner have all been included at the expense of Ashely Arnold, Steven Young and Ethan McNamara.
Haha, I thought Arnold would be one of the best OD bats around if I just gave him the chance, eh Tharmi?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, I thought Arnold would be one of the best OD bats around if I just gave him the chance, eh Tharmi?
Yes and No. Usually at U19 level if a guy is gun in one form, his other form is increased to the relative level of his potential. But cus he hasn't played much it is hard to tell how good or bad he is. Guys like Fitzsimmons and Sharma both had similar sign up stats from memory. So I doubt he would be that far ahead of him. Guys like Read, Luff and Malone who all have good List A records should be ahead of him. Got no idea with regard to Speirs and Young as they started as spinners, you will probably have more idea with regard to Speirs.

But yes, if you played him more there a good chance he would be one of best bats. Probably just better then average, from what I've seen at U19 level and his handful of List a matches. Would also help he course if he posted more too.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing lost there, but we really are getting quite close to them. Just need a big performance from someone to get us over the line. Nice to see Fitzsimmons and Speirs scoring runs.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
West Indies Announce Starting XI for 2nd YODI

A Barath
KOA Powell
SA Jacobs
DC Thomas (wk)
DM Bravo
SSJ Brooks (c)
SE Thomas
N Bonner
V Permaul
JO Dawes
DE Johnson
12th Man: AS Creary

West Indies have decided to play an extra spin bowler in Nkruma Bonner on the spinner friendly Pickford Reserve. Making way is middle order batsmen Andre Creary.

West Indies' quote of day. "The boys are playing some pretty good cricket right now. But we know there is a long way to go in this series. I reckon we have a lot of improvement left in us. Personally I wouldn't mind some runs or wickets myself." West Indies captain Sharmarh Brooks on his teams' and his own performance so far on tour.