• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW U19s Tour of Australia

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Which I really don't understand?...:unsure:. I get the joke about the fire but I'm not sure why's he's called "jnr".

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Player burn out issue really, we could have selected you, but you got another tour of England pretty much straight after the West Indies tour. If you played this tour, you would have gone on three straight tours with no real breaks. When Thamba played it was a bit different as Cricket Web weren't playing many Test Matches at the time.
I think it's got to do with you being an international now, giving the other blokes a chance. I'm of the opinion that no test or ODI players should be u-19's, it really kills the realism a bit.
Fair enough. Just that these U19 tours are fun and its always great to be involved especially when there is I will not be playing any other cricket at the time.

Anyway, the original decision/selection makes sense (as explained) so good luck to the guys selected. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
CW Under 19s v ACT

16. MD Luff
4. MR Hopgood
13. BS Read (wk)
7. ZJ Ritchie (7) [c]
81. WA Kerr
69. CR Dwyer (6)
11. M Reddlapalli (4)
92. BC Donald (3) [vc]
##. JNE Forner (1)
10. GM Roberts (5)
43. EPA McNamara (2)

Zac or Blake can change bowling orders if he wants to.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
16. MD Luff
4. MR Hopgood
13. BS Read (wk)
7. ZJ Ritchie (7) [c]
81. WA Kerr
69. CR Dwyer (6)
11. M Reddlapalli (4)
92. BC Donald (3) [vc]
##. JNE Forner (1)
10. GM Roberts (5)
44. RG Dunn (2)

Zac or Blake can change bowling orders if he wants to.
How long is Pinchy banned for? I presume its 7 days, so replaced with EPA McNamara this match.

luffy

International Captain
Bit ironic i get to play the city where i was born, whilst playing for a different country...

davidpares

School Boy/Girl Captain
this is awsome - i just got back from a week away and see my name on the tour sqyad list!! brilliant i only came in at the end of last season although i had an excellant charity season so hopefully i can make my debut somtime this series!!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
ACT U-19s vs Cricket Web U-19s
in Manuka Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Mark Hopgood's century and mostly accurate bowling were the highlights of a reasonably convincing 46-run victory for the Cricket Web U-19s against a strong ACT side. The bowling, however, struggled with containment, with only left-armer Jason Behrendorff exercising control.

Choosing to bat first, Zac Ritchie got a good 60-run partnership out of his opening batsmen, as Piper and Death struggled with line and length. Death, indeed, had a fatally poor run, overstepping twice before he was taken out after the first spell, but Behrendorff got Ben Read out on five and threatened to destabilise the whole innings. Ritchie played a solid 58, though, and Kerr saw it through to the end. Particularly embarrassing was the final over, which yielded 15 runs including four wides and a no-ball hit for four by a regal Hopgood, who compiled 119 with ten fours through a fifty-over show.

Josh Forner got the early breakthrough, with Crosthwaite held at slip by Kerr, but as long as May at four was batting with Irvine ACT held a slim chance. They controlled Donald and Reddlapalli easily, milked the spinners for singles, and even the delayed power play was no particular help. After the 37th over, an 8-ball nightmare by Ritchie, ACT were 180 for two, requiring 98 off 13 overs; a stiff ask, but by no means impossible. However, Dwyer's loud appeal against May was upheld despite wide suspicions in Canberra that the ball pitched outside leg; Morschel failed to settle, and Forner and McNamara closed off in style for an easy victory.

Cricket Web U-19s 278 for three (50 overs)
M Hopgood 119*, ZJ Ritchie 58, WA Kerr 49*; J Behrendorff 1-29

Australian Capital Territory U-19s 232 for five (50 overs)
WG Irvine 95, A May 60; JNE Forner 2-42

Cricket Web U-19s won by 46 runs
Man of the Match: M. Hopgood (Cricket Web U-19s)

DCC_legend

International Regular
Well played lads.Happy enough with my debut. 1 wicket ain't bad.

Hopgood: Top notch at the top of the innings.