• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question....

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I am pretty new to these forums, and have been really interested by this idea of u-19 CWeb teams, could someone explain to me a bit more about them, and how serious they are and so on, because as far as I can see, there isn't any info threads. Thanks.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well. Basically the U-19 CW teams are for people who play Dev League cricket and at the same time are below the age of 19. The concept of CW XI and Dev League cricket is hopefully explained here.

Any more concrete questions, just ask. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The starting XI in the third ODI v South Africa was:

LA Camps (Mr Mxyzptlk)
I Markus (slats4ever)
BJ Goff (Goffy)
CR Butler (cbuts)
AP Cloete (Cloete)
RJ Dauth (Robertinho)
A Crampton (The Baconator)
TC Halsey (Tom Halsey)
DJ Watt (Aust_Hitman)
NS Pickup (me)
KS Wright (Mister Wright)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
PhoenixFire said:
Which of the current, active members play often for the XI?
The senior XI regulars (ODIs or Tests):

B Goff (Blewy, captain)
A Cloete (Cloete)
T Halsey
N Pickup
R Dauth (Robertinho)
D Watt (Aust_Hitman)
H Mørk (me)
T Mamesh (new_age_ar)
C Butler (cbuts)
D Kearsley (kears_falcon_1)
G Thomas (NZTailender)
D Kennett (David)
K Wright (Mister Wright)
L Camps (Mr Mxyzptlk)
I Markus (slats4ever)
M Robbins (marc71178)
A Crampton (The Baconator)

The last youth squad was:

A Cameron (c) (andyc)
N Hancock (vc) (chooka_nick)
M Luff (Luffy)
J Malthus-Howell (crickhowell)
N Scott (SirBloody Idiot)
N Dravid (Dravid)
M Pitt (Barney Rubble)
Z Ritchie (Perm)
S Jasotharan (wk) (Dizzy #4)
S Burke (wk) (burkey_1988)
M Currie (Blaze)
M Reddlapalli (alternative)
C Dwyer (Bobisback)
K Goughy (Goughy)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Wow that's pretty weird, I just thought it was a bunch of really good players that CW had managed to find. What sort of standard do they play to?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It's not real, by the way. It's a fantasy style simlation run using Internet Test Cricket and Howzat One Day Cricket, cricket simulation programs.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
PhoenixFire said:
Wow that's pretty weird, I just thought it was a bunch of really good players that CW had managed to find. What sort of standard do they play to?
Well, in the simulated world we pretend ourselves to be a world top side in ODIs and rather poor in Tests (think England circa 1992). That's not to say that this bears any relation to IRL cricketing ability.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think we're getting wrong ends of sticks here. CWXI is entirely fictional. Hakon is the worst cricketer you are ever likely to come across and that is not hyperbole.

Closest we get to playing real cricket is at our annual(ish) meetups in the UK - eight or nine of us played Kwik Cricket at Edgbaston (okay, not at Edgbaston, outside Edgbaston) last summer. The strongest of us are fringe county players or overrated Dutch youth Internationals who get dismissed by girls and heaved through cow corner by tailenders.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I seem to be completly ignorant to this whole process, please forgive me :ph34r:

I have only just realised the whole thing a few weeks ago. Why does it say tour of SA and so on then?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Because for the last three/four years we've pretended Cricket Web is the 11th Test nation. It's basically one big role playing game with imaginary clubs, states, towns, cities, newspapers, etc, etc, but we try not to think of it like that as that just sounds pathetic.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Aside from PF making a complete tit of himself, it's an interesting point. We can do meetups... next summer, let's try getting 11 of us together, finding a reasonable central venue, and having the Cricket Web XI for real.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worth setting up the CW UK 2007 Meetup Thread?

I'm definitely in if it's Central (Worcester, Birmingham, Evesham, Banbury, Oxford areas).

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
I think we're getting wrong ends of sticks here. CWXI is entirely fictional. Hakon is the worst cricketer you are ever likely to come across and that is not hyperbole.

Closest we get to playing real cricket is at our annual(ish) meetups in the UK - eight or nine of us played Kwik Cricket at Edgbaston (okay, not at Edgbaston, outside Edgbaston) last summer. The strongest of us are fringe county players or overrated Dutch youth Internationals who get dismissed by girls and heaved through cow corner by tailenders.

shush.