• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Under 19s Tour of Africa

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff in the series so far boys, good to see the U19's are strong. Hoping to force my way into the reckoning for the Youth Tests

Dravid

International Captain
Any news on when the final ODI will be simmed? I saw the Dev league matches for today simmed so I was just wondering whats going to happen with this.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa Under-19 vs Cricket Web Under-19
at the Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Commentary

Young South Africa redeemed a woeful series performance somewhat, claiming victory in the third YODI at the Pickford Reserve by a clear 25 runs. Again it was the containment of the slower bowlers that did the greatest service, and the Webheads failed to chase 272-7.

The visitors won the toss and batted well on a good strip, scoring freely most times against the Cricket Web attack. Only Chis Dwyer had any great impact, as he worked well with Stephen Burke in particular, whilst taking 4 wickets.

Set 273 for victory, Dwyer and Mamesh laid a decent platform of 46. But wickets at regular intervals saw the score reduced to 124-4 and despite good contributions from Burke (50) and Scott (40), the Webheads simply could not contend with the escalating run rate requirement.

South Africa U-19 272-7 (50 overs)
D Elgar 88, J Symes 55, B Thompson 49; CR Dwyer 4-60

Cricket Web U-19 247-8 (50 overs)
T Mamesh 51, SJ Burke 50, NG Scott 40; CJ Alexander 2-35

South Africa Under-19 won by 25 runs.
Man of the Match: D Elgar

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty poor performance there. Burke, Mamesh and McKern all played well but we needed others to step up. Was pretty abysmal personally.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
A very good series all round by all the players and well done on winning the series. Looks like we missed Gundry in the middle orders to run through their middle and lower order. Oh just like the last couple series we will be having Player of the Series voting. Here are my votes:

3. SJ Burke
2. PG Gundry
1. CR Dwyer

Keep in mind you can't vote for yourself and you can vote for RSA players. Here is a link to the scorecards.

Bobisback

International Regular
1. PG Gundry
2. J Symes
3. SJ Burke

J Symes had a good series with the bat for South Africa, surprised only one other person has voted for him.

EDIT: Happy with my performance this series :) Wish i got some runs when i had the chance though. Oh well.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Well done to everyone for a great series, its disppointing to lose the last game but thats cricket. I've decided to award the Player of the Series points to the guys i thought made the most difference during the series.

3. P Gundry - bowled brilliantly in the middle overs and never let the South Africa get into the match after the seamers got us off to a good start. We really did miss him in the last game, which shows you how important he was to our team

2. K Goughy - Got us off to a brilliant start in all the games. Showing the potential to be a very good strike bowler. It very important to attack opening batsmen at the start of innings, cus if you don't they just go after you. He gave the South African openers no time to get settled all series.

1. S Burke - Once again stood up when his country needed him, one of the most consistent series you'll ever see. Starting to build himself a very impressive Under 19 record, lets hope he can now start converting his Under 19 form back to the Dev League. It was also impressive to see how fast he batted, one of the flaws of his last tour was that he probably didn't bat fast enough, but it looks like his worked a lot in that area.