• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Under 19s Tour of Africa

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congrats guys, great win. Top stuff from Dravid on debut, will no doubt give the selectors quite a problem when it comes to fitting everyone in for the second test. Solid stuff as well from most of the batsmen, while Goughy and Currie were great with the ball.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
It very nice to see the Under 19 side performing well, looks like you guys aren't missing me at all. Hopefully you guys can close out the series in the next match.

luffy

International Captain
crickhowell said:
Great win guys, think we should push on and stake claims as future CW XI openers Luffy?
Too right mate i already deserve it. Nah i don't think i am ready for that yet, come a couple years though...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not sure on their ages, but most of them would be around 27 or 28, seeing as when ages were done last season everyone started from 17 (unless specifically requested) and had the amount of seasons they've played added to their age. So Mork, Garven, Young and Fitzsimmons would all be around 28 and Mamesh is much younger at 20 (was captain of the u-19's last off-season IIRC).

Plenty of seasons left. Though if you make a mountain of Dev League runs you'll be hard to ignore.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Not sure on their ages, but most of them would be around 27 or 28, seeing as when ages were done last season everyone started from 17 (unless specifically requested) and had the amount of seasons they've played added to their age. So Mork, Garven, Young and Fitzsimmons would all be around 28 and Mamesh is much younger at 20 (was captain of the u-19's last off-season IIRC).

Plenty of seasons left. Though if you make a mountain of Dev League runs you'll be hard to ignore.
Fitzs is 28, Young is 27, Garven not an opener, but Malone is 36 and add Smith to the list and your 20. Still a fair bit of time on the side of most of those guys, but if you score runs you'll always be hard to ignore.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Atleast announce a probable.
Lets just say all 14 players in the squad are a probable chance of playing in the 2nd Youth Test...

Would you like me to list all 14 players?

Dravid

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Lets just say all 14 players in the squad are a probable chance of playing in the 2nd Youth Test...

Would you like me to list all 14 players?
:dry:

luffy

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Fitzs is 28, Young is 27, Garven not an opener, but Malone is 36 and add Smith to the list and your 20. Still a fair bit of time on the side of most of those guys, but if you score runs you'll always be hard to ignore.
Well im stuffed than.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
chaminda_00 said:
Haha, I'll have to make some runs before I'm added to that list.