• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attn: U-19 Board

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The CWBCC would like you to schedule a home series against an opponent of your choosing. It should entail both Youth Tests and ODIs. The CWBCC will then assign dates to the matches. Please arrange this ASAP, so we can fit it into a very busy international calendar this season.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
33/3from3.3 said:
Lets play someone good i say, Aus or Saf
India and Pakistan are probably the best under-19 sides in the world at the moment though.

As co-captains, do me and Paddy get any say in squad/team selection?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jungle Jumbo said:
India and Pakistan are probably the best under-19 sides in the world at the moment though.

As co-captains, do me and Paddy get any say in squad/team selection?
Some say in team selection, usually not in the selection of the actual squad though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
South African tour CWLand

CW Under 19 Board with United Cricket Board of South Africa would like to announce that CW Under 19s and RSA Under 19s will take part in 3 Youth Tests and 3 YODIs in CWLand during Season XI. The fixtures for the series will be released at a further date.

After a disappointing end to a successful series against England during the off season, the CW Under 19s will be looking to continue their development against their very powerful African opponents. After a disappointing Youth World Cup two years ago were South Africa lost a plate semi final to the unheralded Nepal side. The South African will be looking to build for the forthcoming Youth World Cup and gain some respect that was lost from their previous campaign.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Just wondering, I thought we were confining ourselves to off-season tours after the Dev League captains kicked up a stink about unavailabilities last year when New Zealand U/19's toured.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Just wondering, I thought we were confining ourselves to off-season tours after the Dev League captains kicked up a stink about unavailabilities last year when New Zealand U/19's toured.
I thought the same thing, but it looks like there has been a change of mind by the board.

David

International 12th Man
vic_orthdox said:
Certainly I think that's the best policy to follow currently. Once there are about 20+ in each squad I believe it would be more convenient

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
With a home series, only 11 players would be unavailable on any particular day. During the one day matches, that number would rise to 14, but the 3 players outside the first XI on a given day may be released to their clubs. U-19 matches will not run at the same time as senior international matches.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
With a home series, only 11 players would be unavailable on any particular day. During the one day matches, that number would rise to 14, but the 3 players outside the first XI on a given day may be released to their clubs. U-19 matches will not run at the same time as senior international matches.
During the senior tours in the off-season how many players were eligable for the U'19s?

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
i'd assume it'd be the same as in real life where players like Broad etc would play for their club side before the U19's

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
i'd assume it'd be the same as in real life where players like Broad etc would play for their club side before the U19's
You could always argue in real life players like Maharoof played Under 19s before club, but then we will be going round in circles.

It looks like we might have the same situation as last season where players can choose to opt out of Under 19 matches for club cricket if they want.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
According to the other thread, I am still eligible for Under 19's and would love to opportunity to captain the team again.