• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW U19s in Europe

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Good to see I've been continuing my good form - haven't visited this thread in a while and suddenly I find myself actually doing well. :D

Thanks for the votes, people. :)

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
A bit disappointed the way the tour ended, but if someone told me at the start of the tour that we would win six games and only lose two, i would have taken it any day of the week. Unforuntely we lost probably the two most important matches. Great tour by some of the guys who don't always get regular games for their clubs, guys like Currie, Benjamin, Pitt and McKern were amazing and really stood up when some so-called stars didn't. Hopefully these performances can help those guys gain regular spot in the their sides.

Here are my MVP points of the Youth Tests:
3. Matt Currie
2. Matt Pitt
1. Callum McKern

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Travis_Teh said:
The squad was predominantly based around the one day game, as there are a couple more shorter games than longer.
People cannot be too disappointed with the results. Given the above quote it shows that the OD game was the focus and the CW U'19s won their games comfortabley.

The YTests were never really the focus so it cannot be too much of an issue that the series was lost.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
People cannot be too disappointed with the results. Given the above quote it shows that the OD game was the focus and the CW U'19s won their games comfortabley.

The YTests were never really the focus so it cannot be too much of an issue that the series was lost.
Overall there wasn't really a major focus on ODs, it just the last couple spots went to OD players, cus of the schedule. The biggest thing was that a few of our top players were more established in ODs, by the fact we had two CW A OD players, one ODI international and only one Test player. Whereas with the squad that played NZ we had more established players FC players and a lot of our OD players at the time were fairly inexperienced.