• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ U-19's in CWLand

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Wow, I'm in, Let's have a good tour boys! Congrats to fellow Colts player for making it, and a big congrats to Jack, for being the captain of the U19's!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The big prize in U19 Cricket is the Youth World Cup, thats the main reason for the ODI focus. There were many hard decisions when it come down to bowling in particular and some guys are very unlucky to miss out.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
kears_falcon_9 said:
I think this idea is great. But i think we are rushing into it. Why cant it be an off season tour like the CW 'A' side? I think with the internationals missing over a quarter of a season and maybe more (cant remember if there is more during the season) and now the 19's will miss around a quarter to.

I dont have anything against it i just thought it would be better to have it as on off season tour.
I think you're saying that with your Black cap on. :p

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
I love the way I get my seam attack back and then lose it again.
Just think past your black team for a change :P It's for the best for the players to get some international touring exposure. You'd like to depraive them of it and collar them to only play for the Blacks?
It's about cricketweb development as a whole (for the young guys), not black losing a few players for a few games :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gutted to be left out, but then again I am pretty rubbish. Hopefully the boys will do us proud.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Cant say im overtly happy about losing one of my best players for another 6 game period - I would be even less happy if i were Neil too. though they wont miss as many games.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
age_master said:
Cant say im overtly happy about losing one of my best players for another 6 game period - I would be even less happy if i were Neil too. though they wont miss as many games.
Hear Hear.

Batting has been raped, but goodluck to our boys, hopefully they will come back with an older head on their shoulders.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Travis_Teh said:
Just think past your black team for a change :P It's for the best for the players to get some international touring exposure. You'd like to depraive them of it and collar them to only play for the Blacks?
It's about cricketweb development as a whole (for the young guys), not black losing a few players for a few games :)
The same players that have just missed a quater of the season with the national team? If it was truely for 'international touring exposure' wouldn't it be more benificial for thoose who are not already in the international side?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Happy with my selection, but also very surprised that Tarick and Borcich weren't selected. Congrats to Jack and Mike for their captaincy roles.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Disappointed to be overlooked, especially when it's a guy who's only played a 1/4 of a season selected ahead of me. Oh well, good luck to the boys anyway.

Blaze

Banned
My stats must be terrible. Pretty ****ed off that I wasn't selected, not at the selectors more at how **** I am.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha Blaze, chill out, people like Tarick and Nick have real reason to be disappointed - both, in my opinion, are worthy of making the side, but didn't. It just means you have something to aim for ;)

Also, Liam, will you update the simming stats for this tour? :D