• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ U-19's in CWLand

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Congrats to all those picked and to Jack and Mike as well :)

I would also like to thank the board for selecting me :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Some familiar faces in that squad and some others I don't know so well. It'll be interesting to see how everyone performs.

Congratulations to Jack on the captaincy as well.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd pretty disappointed at being overlooked by the selectors. I feel like I'm being discriminated against because of my age.:dry:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Liam Camps Junior Junior was considered, but we decided he was a bit young, and quite possibly not born yet.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Liam Camps Junior Junior was considered, but we decided he was a bit young, and quite possibly not born yet.
Wouldn't it be Liam Camps the third? :p

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I think this idea is great. But i think we are rushing into it. Why cant it be an off season tour like the CW 'A' side? I think with the internationals missing over a quarter of a season and maybe more (cant remember if there is more during the season) and now the 19's will miss around a quarter to.

I dont have anything against it i just thought it would be better to have it as on off season tour.

Loony BoB

International Captain
To be clear on that issue: CW Black players will miss just three games, Greens will miss six, Colts will miss four, Blue & Red players will miss five.

I think it's good for the game as it allows other players in the dev league to get a shot, and obviously allows for the young talent of CWLand to shine. I know that since the Colts bowling attack has been performing so immensely well lately, we've struggled to find a way to get players such as Comley into the side. This happens all over the world - most international players don't get more than a handful of games for their domestic sides.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Quiet shocked not to be picked. I reckoned i had this one in the bag being top wicket taker last year, and not being to bad in this year in FC. shocked.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Kweek said:
Quiet shocked not to be picked. I reckoned i had this one in the bag being top wicket taker last year, and not being to bad in this year in FC. shocked.
Due to concentrating on OD and your lack of form in that area combined with the fact that only one spinner is really required in New Zealand, you were probably one of the more unlucky players to miss out. We could only afford to bring over 15 players for both FC and OD, too, which also worked against you.

We spent hours discussing the selections but in the end we all agreed that we had the best squad we could given the circumstances.